Fed up got soem grounds and need some help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Fed up got soem grounds and need some help

hello to all who were aware of my rescent problem well it kept getting worse so I got mad and over it I went up to discount auto parts and got a 1 Gauge wire to go from my battery to my engine and 4 gauges one to go from distributor to firewall and from firewall to frame the question is where is teh connection between the firewall to the frame?? I wonder if I will have enough grounds now [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 10:37 PM

Re: Fed up got soem grounds and need some help

I would guess that it could be wherever you wanted it to be -- as long as it went somewhere on the firewall to somewhere on the frame? Does it matter where? (I really dont know)

Miurph
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

I know it has to be on the opposite side from the other ground cause it distorts and has a bad effect if grounds are close together but I thougth there was a stock location where a ground goes from the fire wall to the frame but if not I will just make one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

BTT
just tell me where the ground wire connects between the firewall and the fram??
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-03-2002, 11:57 AM
Skip

Having wired a number of vehicles: race, show, street, offroad it doesn't matter. The big thing is make sure you clean the metal. Make the spot as large as the eyelet, use a star washer between the eyelet and the frame, or body. It's pupose is not to secure the bolt and washer. It's to ensure a good electrical connection. I always use 0 battery cables, but then I don't have wiring problems. For large items, like killer stereo's, extra lights, etc you should install a ground busbar and run the ground to it. For powering these items a 12volt busbar and relays work well. Remeber to use different colors and do a neat installation. It prevents future problems. Winch should go straight to battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode