anyone running the calmini spring over? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

anyone running the calmini spring over?

is anyone here running the calmini spring over?

I'm just curious as to how it works...

and i'm thinking of upgrading my current shacle reverse with some OME springs. Anyone have any opinions on this? how much lift do OME provide? I know they have 2" springs, but do they also offer others? what all would i need to make this work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 04:49 PM

Re: anyone running the calmini spring over?

First of all, I would suggest you make your own SPOA. Save the $$$. As for OME, I've heard they're really nice with respect to ride quality but they are pricey. Instead, look into going YJ's all around. You can get used rears for cheap but it would take "some" work to get them on. You'll even get to go missing link in the front :-)
As for the height of the OME springs, they're 40 mm right? Or something like that. I think they only come at that height.

Cheers!
Steve
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

i would love to go spoa, but i've got no welding skills, and oh yeah, no welder... if i lived on the east coast i would have done it already with the help of some of the guys up there...

I've heard that the OME's are pricey too, but i've also heard that they are well worth it in ride quality

I would like to go YJ's all around, but i don't do anything that hard core, and I don't know if i want to deal with all the little things that will come up as a result (i know that my wallet doesnt...)

while we're on the subject though... who do ya'll think has the best SPOA complete kit (non YJ)?

I really like both the TT and NCO kits with expanders and such... TT comes with new springs, but the NCO comes with a trac bar and breeze cross over steering...

which would ya'll go with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 09:03 PM

if you cant weld i would contact one of the vendors and see if they could sell you a front and rear housing (with the spoa pads allready welded on) then install your stuff in those and send them back yours as cores. rather than go with a bolt on spoa for the prices i just cant see buying them you can allmost buy a welder and a set of perches for what most of them cost
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 09:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If your considering a SPOA, and not wanting Wrangler springs (my current set up in the rear with SpiderTrax trac bar), I'd rec the Rancho springs with a Trac Bar....they rode well....but wrapped bad...why I pulled them...I would consider the Trac bar mandatory. I ruined 2 sets of springs, and I would not consider myself abusive with the gas. I've still got the Ranco's up front and it works well. They rode and flexed well in back, just didn't live long without a trac bar. I've also got the cross over steering....I'd rec that too. Also, don't forget your driveshafts...my rear needed replacement quickly due to major vibration.....and the front removed itself from my truck while being flat towed....oops. So, that adds considerably to the cost of a SPOA. If you don't want to get any welding done, I'd consider the Wranglers Spring under....I think some one had that set on the board, and looked like if worked well.
Hope this helps,
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 09:34 PM
Sami86

Rocky Road sells a bolt on SPOA kit.

Check here:
http://www.rocky-road.com/spoa.html

Look almost all the way at the bottom of the page.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Keep in mind that the OME springs on an SPOA will start getting a bit tall. Our experience with the OME springs is a 2" lift on the front and a 2.5" lift on the rear. Combined with an SPOA, that makes plenty of room for 33" tires.

You can see a picture of an SPOA Samurai with the OME springs lower onthe page at
http://www.rocky-road.com/omelook.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 08:36 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Is there a tall or a stock height ome spring? Something for the generic spring over with flat/distroyed springs or stocker looking to stay spua and have height + ome..
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

I would love 33" tires, but I'm not sure I want all the problems associated with going that tall. Add that to the fact that I really don't NEED 33" tires.........

I do love the look of a taller zook though.... I guess I'll continue to dream....
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 10:28 PM
pugrocker

here is a pic of the CALMINI bolt on SPOA

I also heard that they are coming out with a version that will have their shackle reversal too.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode