coil-sprung zuks??????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

coil-sprung zuks???????

anyone here have a full coil spring suspension on your zuk sami? if so can you please post some pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 11:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: coil-sprung zuks???????

Yeah, I'll second that one! Only thing is I'm gone for a week now. Anyway, I am thinking of making mine all coil sprung. I want to see how others have done it on the Zuk though. Thanks!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 12:03 AM
Mud in my Veins

Find a picture of a 95 and later Samurai available in most of the world. They went to coil springs after they took them away from us.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I've seen a schematic drawing of the coil sprung Samurai somewhere. Think it was an Australian Sammy enthusiast's site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 12:13 AM

do a search for shaffer coil kit
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 04:20 AM

i actually ordered my kit from www.rocky-road.com. i havent gotten it yet it seems to be taking them a while but once i get it installed ill try to get some pics up. plus they have pics on rocky road.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 10:53 AM

its not a zuk, but here's a pic of the Nivas rear end - 5 link system from the factory. FWIW, I want to turn this into a 3 link wishbone setup b y merging the upper two arms, and losign teh panhard rod. If/when I ever get my hybrid live-axle figured out for the front, it'll be a 3 link front, using trailing arms from a Ford F100 2wd, and a custom panhard rod. ( ** trick with the panhard is to keep it parallel with the steering linkage - if you do that, it minimises bump steer, and binding.)
I've got a cutaway of the front suspension too, if you're interested, but its IFS right now - real coils though, not struts like a tracker/kick.

chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 825713-Rear Suspension---1.jpg (65.7 KB, 4 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 10:59 AM

whoops - that pic is a tad bigger than I rememberered!! oh, well, its only 66Kb, and you get a real clear look at the various joints this way (LOL)

chris
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 09:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i need plenty of pics as to how the links mount up. where the links mount up. and some pics of where the coils actually mount. i am gonna custom make my coil suspension setup and all pics will be very insiteful and helpful
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 06:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ANY HELP HERE???????????????
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2002, 06:51 PM

part time - I think Ford trucks are the 'usual' donors for spring, spring towers, etc - the ford pices are bolted/riveted onto their frames, so you just drill them off, then re-mount them wherever is suitable. Front radius arms are probably easiest to mount using the 'fixed' mounts from a shackle reversal kit, and rear lower arms can go into the existing rear fixed mounts. the rear Y link ( upper wishbone) would then mount to the crossmember above the fixed eyes , adn requires welding a pivot to teh top of the axle housing. Panhard on the front ??? maybe to the exsisting bump stop mounts, just outside the frame.

the reality is, the mount points will vary greatly, depending on how long your locating links are, how much travel you want to achieve, and what axles you're planning to use.

chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode