HI! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

HI!

Remeber that car the Dodge Neon. The commercials always said HI!
Well we just bought one. I was pushing for a new dodge 1/2 ton. But I remembered reading one of the posts lately about a similar subject. I figured we needed more of an ecomnomy car. We have the new 2002 TJ and my Samurai. both 4x4's that aren't great on long trips. We bought the 2002 neon sxt, has power locks, windows, keyless entry, cd, air, spoiler, alloy wheels, low profile tires, best of all 4 doors and 4spd auto tranny. no more climbing in the back to get the kid out of the car seat. The motor is interesting a 2.0L 16 valve. Looks like it would slide right in the sammy......
Anyway it ended up signing for 12K with a 7 year 100K powertrain warranty.
I looked and couldn't find many rigs close to that price with all the options. 32 mpg sounds real good to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 07:02 PM

Re: HI!

Hey those Neon seats fit real nice in the Samis! LOL
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 11:52 PM

should have looked at the ford focus svt. I have driven many, many, many.... neon's and all I can say is sell it before it gets to 50k mi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

I don't have a worry in the world, came with a free 100K/7 year power train/motor warranty. I only plan on having it a few years anyway. I have a friend who works at the ford dealership. He said the #1 car they take in on warranty work is the ford focus. besides you can't get one with all the options for 12K.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 04:41 AM
zukiman

Neons are great cars. A friend of mine had a beat up old Dodge Spirit with 265,000 miles on it, and finally got around to replacing it with a brand new Neon. He is REALLY rough on his cars (his 450lb. weight is only part of the story) yet despite his long daily commute, he hasn't had one single problem with it yet. He and his family absolutely love the car. They looked into the Focus and Cavalier, but decided on the Neon for a number of reasons.

I'd sure love one of the upcoming 2.4 liter turbo Neons! That thing should eat Acuras and $hit Hondas!

-- Geoff Beasley
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2002, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Yeah that will really rule the road. I can't believe how smooth it rides. The 4wheel independent suspension really shines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode