OK ...please let me introduce my self.......... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 02:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK ...please let me introduce my self..........

I should have introduced myself properly and clear up a few things.
I have been for the last hour trying to fill out my Bio, but I keep getting the error "signature too long", I'll try it again another day.
So here is some info on me:
Matt
I moved to western Colorado a year ago.
The recent vehicle thefts have made me fear giving my last name and city.
My money pits:
'83 Cherokee Chief----->
-360,727,working dumping the quadra-trac. 3" lift and 33's, I'm restoring for my DD and tow car so no further plans.
'99 TJ----->
-It's easier to list what is still stock or un-modified because I bought this off Ebay as a totalled non-rebuildable title. It was hit hard front and rear. The only thing I have not touched is the hardtop. It's done for now and it works REALLY WELL.
'95 bone stock sammy with 32k miles my current DD(thanks dad)
'91 Mild sammy that was mothballed(as far as mods go) during the TJ build up:
-spoa w/cj's,lockrights,bumpers,sliders,and an old 4:1.

I don't luv my Zuks any less then my Jeeps and I don't think one is better then the other. I just want to clear that up from the start.
My ZUKS envy my JEEP. Until my Zuk is finished it will not change my handle.
I had just finished my Zuk when I got the TJ, now that the TJ is working good, I've started planning the Zuk Revamp. I've decided on going toy with it but not like others have, My dad still lives in Oregon, and he bought a wrecked 92 landcuiser-transfer lock, difflocks, 4spd auto w/od. My emphasis is a interstate drivable crawler I can't wait to get it to take measurements. I'm waiting for the LWB tubs/frames that are supposedly on there way to see if I'll use it or maybe strech my own and try figure out a hardtop.

I don't enjoy flaming...And I'm not here to do it. I stay away from Pirate because of it.

I have raced carts, cars, and bikes. Thanks to a drunken-driver rear ending my duck(my deceased mallard green ducati), I will not get back on a bike. THANK GOD FOR HELMETS and BEEFY KEVLAR LEATHERS!!!
With my new career I can't race either, so now my foucus is wheeling.

Like it not...I'll be here to bother you guys while I'm doin the Zuki

OPINIONS DONT HURT PEOPLE>>>PEOPLE HURT PEOPLE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 05:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: OK ...please let me introduce my self..........

Welcome to the board! Your knowledge and experience will be a huge asset to it! As you will soon see, this is more than just a BBS for zooks. True, you'll find some of the best zook minds here, but beyond the great info and advice, this board is like a huge extended global family. We've shared some of life's greatest accomplishments as well as it's defeats and low points.....We ralley around those of us in need, be it zook related or not. This is something the rest of the world should take stock in....
And....you'll never get the "flip the bird welcome wagon" like elsewhere....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 07:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

welcome to the world of insanity.... sounds like you have the bug already but hangin around in here just makes it worse.... hitch up and hang on!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 07:35 AM

Welcome to another auto racer turned 4 wheeler!

I am trying to beat a stock car addiction LOL. IVe sold the car and all the parts :: well most of them::

Welcome.

Jim
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 07:41 AM
GRW

Welcome, there are a couple of sites with info on stock LWB frames.
If you want, you can figure if you want to go that route before they are out.
Or build one yourself.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 10:06 AM

Quite a few retired and semi retired racers in here. I finally had to decide between racing and family. Unfortunately the average income can no longer support what most racing has become. Like you I had been messing with off road trucks and went that way as a more affordable automotive hobby. I still miss the open wheel cars though! Have to stay away from the track. Addictions go deep!

Welcome!

-Outlaw, Why? Because it can!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 11:10 AM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

O.K. we got off on the wrong foot.....lets bury the hatchet!(preferably not in each other[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]!!!)
Welcome to the board. You will discover we are all one big happy(well most of the time!) family....unlike that "other" board.
We help each other out, and watch each others backs (out in the real world, as well as on the internet!).
Sometimes we get a bit defensive!![img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
I guess if I was in your shoes, I would have a different outlook too.

Welcome to the family.....
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 11:21 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Welcome....
like some of the others said, we are like a big family here and family's fight sometimes. But that don't mean that they think any less of each other. I hope that can be the case here also.
I'm sure you'll find lot's of useful info,and have lot's of useful info to leave. This is really a lot better than that other board.
It's nice to have you here.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 11:27 AM

Im headed back to racing once I get married and get my tricycle engine here LOL. Just decided to put it on hold and get some priorities set.

That was the game plan. All the traveling ive done with the lady, and then enjoying the zuk so much, may require a new gameplan. Ive so far enjoyed taking this season off. first one ive had off in longer than I can remember.

Their just isnt anything like going out for hotlaps on a wet Missouri red clay track, and pitching a dirt car sideways a good 100 feet before you even get to the corner, backing it in, and riding it right up to the top of the cushion, and then ignoring every alarm going off in your head to get off the gas, and just keeping that loud pedal down, and out of the corner of my eye watching all of the people in the grand stands duck down a bit to keep from getting muddy as i blast down the front stretch right up next to the wall.

Jim
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Pooh-Bah

Welcome

>>>....you'll never get the "flip the bird welcome wagon" like elsewhere.... <<<

Ohh, sorry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode