Sidekick CD Player - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-25-2002, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Sidekick CD Player

Anyone have a working double din Sidekick CD Player they want to sell? For a '94.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 09:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sidekick CD Player

Nah, but I just dropped a Poineer premier CD player into mine - no install kit or wiring harness needed. I'm not going to go "back" to stock, so I just whacked the factory plugs off. Next, was the speakers - I didn't want to put in external speaker boxes, or anything too fancy. I got Infinity Reference 4" speakers for $80 a pair. The CD player is rated at 50 watts per channel, and the speakers can handle all of it, so it works great together - great sound (well, not much bass, but oh well).
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: Sidekick CD Player

For the amount you'll pay to get the stock CD player, you could probably get a good aftermarket one. Have you checked Ebay? Lotsa good deals there on new and used stuff.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I know in the rear you can hack some sheet metal around the speakers and fit up to 6.5" speakers.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Just get some speakers with grills and it'll look like it's supposed to be there. Myself, I'm going with a Marine CD player (whatever I can get for a good price off of Ebay), some good quality 4" speakers up front (doesn't seem to be any Marine speakers in 4"[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]), and some Marine 6.5" speakers in the rear. Marine stuff can stand being splashed in sea water in boats, so it should be good against any of the water crossings and mud I'll get into.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode