YJ Update - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

YJ Update

Got the rears done last night.. took me about 3 hours, start to finish. Does ride better for sure, can't wait to get the fronts on.. Pretty simple install for sure. I need new rear shocks for sure, not sure how long but these are way too short. Any suggestions on rear shocks.. would really like 9000's with in cab adjust but $450 is a bit steep for shocks right now. I've been happy with my DT3000's should I get another set, maybe upgrade to the DT8000's for a few bucks more? Will need to do something up front too.. Ford towers most likely (anyone got a part #?).. or Sky Hoops yumm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Re: YJ Update

Oh yeah.. which hole was I supposed to use to mount the spring eye to? I used the rear one, probably should have used the front one as my rear axle looks pushed back..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:17 AM
Wyld_Bill

I think that the hole further back is for a double shackle YJ set up OR for CJs. Your rear shackles must have a pretty steep angle to them right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:45 AM

What kit did you use and how much was it ? I have a set of 2" lifted yj F/R sitting in my garage. won't be able to get them on befor Melt time though [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 09:17 AM
wheelnrock

I have trail tough yj kit on my zuk and tryed the front hole you get tire rub on the front of wheel well when you stuff the tire. So I put it rear hole. I guess the front is for cj rear springs.If you think it rides nice wait till you flex it up!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 09:36 AM

The Ford part number is E5TZ-18183-A. They sell for $11.20 a piece. If you use the for mounts, you'll have to pound the fender wells out about an inch to get them to fit. I was able to do mine without too much effort. Your gonna love the wrangler springs. Put the springs in without shocks and "twist it up". Then measure the distance between the shock pins to determine what you need.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 10:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I used the rear hole as well! Works better, as I have the missing links on the rear!
See attachment!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 810228-tt4.jpg (19.4 KB, 7 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Hmm.. my driveshaft looks pulled too far out, i'm not running the rear M/L. and he shackle sits at a very steep angle, I'm goin to move it to the forward hole and see how it looks.

Any opinions on shocks? DT3000 or should I spend the extra $20 and get the 8000's..?

Oh yeah and it is the Trailtough kit.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 06:00 PM
wheelnrock

what size tires? I m running 33s and they hit when stuffed.The shackle locks funky but works fine. Good enough till I can get rear links.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2002, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

moved the spring to the front hole, looks much better, also lifted the truck another inch or so, mostly cuz the shackle is at a better looking angle. Drive shaft has better looking engagement..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode