Stolen Zuk (Update) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Stolen Zuk (Update)

Around 2pm today I (and the Sheriffs Dept.) recovered about 80% of what was stolen. Im not sure when I will be able to bring the parts and other items home. The Sheriffs Dept. has taken all that was found today as evidence. From what I could tell they trashed the motor pretty bad. (major oil leak from the # 3 rod area)
It looks like this will be a long drawn out thing. But Im willing to wait !
Several fellow Off-Roaders have helped with the investigation whitch brought all this together. I want to thank ALL of you !!!! The well wishes here on the BBS and the phone calls have helped the wife and I deal with this loss.
As for finding another Zuk --- I have not had the time to go out looking, because of all the things that have taken place in the last few weeks due to the theft. I hope to find one soon, but it looks like it will be after the ZookMelt. The wife and I are gona TRY to make it this year, But it all depends on what happens in the next week or so. If you have a Zuk for sale and will be at the Melt, please let me know. (stock or other) [email protected]

As for what you can do to prevent this from happening to you !!! >>>> If they want it bad enought, They will get it !!!!
What can you do to help recover your property, IF and when it happens ? MARK EVERYTHING !!!!!!!! TAKE PHOTOS OF EVERYTHING !!!! (TOOLS, PARTS, ....... what ever you have in or on your truck) KEEP YOUR SALES TICKETS, make notes of serial #'s on the engine trans and T/case and keep them in a safe place.
Whatever it takes. This way when they call and tell you to come and identify some part they find, you can tell them what to look for.
I know this would be hard for those of you that have your rigs ready to go, But for the one's that are just building your rigs DO IT !!!!!!!

Thanks Tim & Joy Lucas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 12:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Stolen Zuk (Update)

glad you were able to find at least some of the things you had stolen.... now its time to run the culprits thru the wringer
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 12:26 AM

You know... something to think about... When you buy something secondhand from someone, ask for a receipt to be written for just this purpose. Transfer case, springs, whatnot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 01:09 AM

Murph, that is a really good Idea...I second that motion...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 08:35 AM

So, since you are stating that you found 80% does this mean you have the people in custody?

I belong to the "Eye for an eye" group. Maybe you could get something precious of their's and burn it while they watch.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 09:22 AM

"Maybe you could get something precious of their's and burn it while they watch"

Ya, like their gonads!!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:35 AM

Tim and Joy- i am so happy for you that you have gotten back most of your things! That is good news! Did they infact make any arrests? I am hoping that you two make it this year, it sure will be nice to see the two of you again. Joy has a lovely smile and a warm heart. And where will everyone be with out Tim the TOOLMAN not there?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
If you make it GREAT! if not, We all will try to understand.
Get ahold of Billybob... he knows were every ZUK for sale is in the midwest i think!
love to you both
Rae
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 11:06 AM
mikrosilakhan

As long as they nail the little bastards to the wall its almost been worht the wait
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 06:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim,
Just tell me where to send the care package!!!
ROB
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Glad to hear it , Tim . Let me know an address...
Sarge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode