Is 10" by 5" your battery size? I cannot find one - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Is 10\" by 5\" your battery size? I cannot find one

I am looking for a replacement battery. I am not going to buy the Optima battery. I am going to buy a regular one. The size of my old battery is 10" by 5.5". The bolts line up to the mount to hold it down. Everytime, I go to an auto place, the battery is a lot bigger. It fits but there is nothing holding the battery down. The bolts do not line up because it is a bigger battery size. What should I do? Thank you for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 10:44 PM

Re: Is 10\" by 6\" your battery size? I cannot find one

I have 2 that are that size, both are Excides. The 3rd is 5.5 x almost 10. They are giving you a common size battery. Keep looking, they do exist. Are the bolts not tall enough? or is the bat too wide? Try Costco or Sears if the auto parts store are to dumb to stock em. I'll bet even Walmart has em.

Outlaw, Why? Because it can!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 11:46 PM
bulldogzook

Re: Is 10\" by 5\" your battery size? I cannot find one

PIAA the group size battery you are looking for is a group 51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 01:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Is 10\" by 6\" your battery size? I cannot find one

The one I have now is 10" by 10". The strap hold down bolt stuff can only get to 5.5" to 6". I had to buy a battery to make my Samurai run. My battery is not held down with any bolts now. I just have to call more places. I went to Wal-Mart, and Kragen and they just sell the 10" by 10" one. I usually look into the chart and it tells me what size I need. The person at Kragen told me to use a smaller one but not the right one for the Samurai so I said no because I might have too much power and it might effect stuff. I got to look into it more.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 04:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I noticed my old Interstate Battery is 51-50. Is that like a universal size to ask for?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 04:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i use the larger size battery and 1 of those replacement battery hold down sets made from all thread rod..... works good
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 05:18 AM
bneiman

I know you did not want to use an optima but it sure fits good and I know I wont need to replace it any time soon. My last one lasted 6 years. Thats worth the 100 bucks in my book. Exide makes a 8 3/4" x 6 3/4" Heatbeater battery. Reference # is 25/75. That's an actual Samurai battery It's about 50 bucks.
I use this "over the top" type battery hold down and haven't had any complaints. Get a good quality hold down if you do get one. This is about 10 bucks. Good luck

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 808387-optima under my hood.jpg (88.2 KB, 21 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 09:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

As a follow up on that "Heat Beater" battery: I had to replace the battery in all of our vehicles after I moved to Vegas, due to the heat. When I replaced the one in my Toyota 4x4 pickup, I went with the "Heat Beater" with the highest CCA and it never gave me another problem. I abused the heck out of it for the next 5 years and it worked flawlessly.

For anyone living in a hot climate, I would recommend one of those batterys. Price is good and they hold up really well in high heat climates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode