Motor swap madness!!!!!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Motor swap madness!!!!!!!!

I'm going out of my mind!!!!!!
I'm still toying with the 12a rotary, but the complexity seems to out weigh it's benifits. Is there another engine swap besides the 1600 zuki motor that can be done with less involved procedures? The problem with the 1600 is that there aren't any up here for less that $1200cdn. But in out local do it yourself scrapyard a motor and transmission is $250. There just aren't any 'kicks in there. But there are lots of '80's rear drive cars and trucks.you guys are the best at answering multiple answer questions like this and any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:31 PM

Re: Motor swap madness!!!!!!!!

throw in the 2.8 you will love the power but would have to take it easy on the throttle maybe!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:34 PM

Last week end I wheeled with a guy how had toyota running gear and a 22r toyota engine in his sami. He ran 37x13 boggers and that thing got up and moved. He had a more get up and go than I do with my 1600 16v with yota axles and 33x14 boggers. I was so impressed that I am interested in doing a 22re motor swap. I just cant bring my self to go back to a carb after having FI, if you know what I mean.
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-19-2002, 11:38 PM

that is the swap I woudl be dead on interested in just get yourself a donor toyota and do the work
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:07 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

why not just rebuild the 1.3L? i wonder how much you can get out of one if you put in a set of flat top pistons, shave the head, add a cam, etc. just a thought
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go pure or get a cure, ford to ford , chevy to chevy , dodge to dodge , honda to honda ,unimog to unimog , suzuki to suzuki, don't buy any more video games or cd's save you pennies to buy the real stuff!!!!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:20 AM

an old claim is that you could never break 80 hp unless you get dual webers and the most important thing is torque which is not popular in zuki engines!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:22 AM

ok lets say you do go deck your block like you 2 just said.....really is it all worth it when you could pick up a 2.8 block and tranny for around 800 just gotta have technique get a friend and a 12 and go at it I think 800 for a v6 would beat any dual weber upgrade or any performance upgrade on the market!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How come when your younger you can't wait when you have all the time in the world , but when your older you can wait for the right time to make it happen the right way
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 12:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

1.3, 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.5, 2.7, all suzuki all alloy pick your lite wieght power plant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode