need some advise - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

need some advise

OK, I'm getting ready to lift and put tires on the zook. I need some advise from you guys on what the best way to fit 31 on it for the best price. I was thinking of the bolt on spring over but not sure. I will be doing alot of rock climbing and just all around offroading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: need some advise

Definitely go with a Spring-Over! especially if you're gonna be doing some rock-crawling. A basic spring over will give you enough of a gain for 31's. (adds 4.5") Soooo Many other options and upgrades to do when you begin with a stock rig. Things to consider: Transfer case reduction or lower diff.gears? Extended brake lines? Longer shocks/towers? Steering...CrossOver or Zlink?
Your motor should be able to handle it and your axles will be ok - just depends on how far you end up going!
Have fun! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

thanx scott, I was planning on getting tires and a lift first before i get lower R&P's and locker in the rear. The lift comes with the longer brake lines and i believe the steering.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 01:01 PM
Can't Get Enough

Oh, I forgot to mention driveline spacers too.
When I bought my Zuke, it had the 5.5" spoa done, but that was all. It was driveable, but had a slight case of bumpsteer, loose-hanging brake lines, and rubbing tires. Stock gears and a worn out engine. I didn't want to flex it out for fear of pulling the driveshafts apart. It was driveable that way, but I wasn't about to take it off road just yet. So if you're working in stages, it doesn't all have to be done right away, just be careful how you drive while it is in a state of flux.
Good luck and have fun!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey man if you are smart and wanna save money you will find a way ( believe me I can help you do that if oyu want!) but I dunno about the bolt on kits it would be easier to put the kit on tighten the hell outta the u bolts and limp it up to a shop they would prolly weld the perches on for like 50 -75 shop 2 minutes away from me is gonna do it for 75!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Well i was compairing the prize at Rocky Road Outfitters and the bolt on is $495 and the one you weld is $420. I guess the kit comes with everything you need(thats what they told me). Has anyone ever got a lift from them? I look around and cant find to many more lifts. any other place i could look for a lift?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

o yeah and if i get a weldon, i have a buddy that will do it if i supply the beer.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 04:38 PM
Can't Get Enough

North Coast Offroad http://northcoastoffroad.com and Trail Tough http://www.trailtough.com are 2 other places to compare SPOA kits and components.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 07:02 PM

I would go weld on I just can't see a bolt on standing up to a ton of abuse. I am going to go with a 4.5 weld on in bout a month. One thing though the rro kit does not come with shocks, at least that is the way I read it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode