O/T child shot by someone with bb gun - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

O/T child shot by someone with bb gun

I just got a call at work from my x wife. While her and my 3 little girls were playing in their pool in the backyard, someone shot my oldest daughter in the chest with a high power air rifle of some kind. At first they thought it was a bee sting, but the welt from the hit is almost the size of a silver dollar, and is raw and bleeding in the center. My x went back to the pool to see if an insect was in the pool, and found the metal ball that hit her. My oldest is 9, and my 5 year old, and 2 year old were all playing in the pool as well.

Im stuck at work with my replacement rushing in so I can leave and get to springfield. My X said sarah is fine, just very uncomfortable. Im not sure yet if shes going to the hospital.

Do any one here have any experience with these types of things. How do they treat kids with bb guns. I know its not an actual firearm, but it could easily have been just as deadly. Its times like these that make being 50 miles away from them so difficult.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 08:34 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: O/T child shot by someone with bb gun

Jebus! That's aweful! I hope your daughter feels better soon. BB Guns are just as bad as real guns, because idiot parents think its OK to let their kids run around and play with them. And you know damn well that kids don't have any sense in them. There was these kids a few years back that shot a BB Gun through the HOSPITAL WINDOW! Come on here! Damn this makes me angry! Of all the stupid things...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:01 PM

truck boy, whats wrong with (real gun) guns dont kill people, people kill. Toy wagon, Im quite sure they will take it pretty serously, there still a weopon, any they aimed that weopon at another person in the intent to hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:51 PM
Veteran

Jim, my heart goes out to you. I suggest that you take your daughter back to the pool and see if she remembers which direction she was facing when she was struck. If there's a house in that direction, it's time for a knock on the door....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

toywagon, i hope yall catch the lil b&*&^%%erd who did it. I will say a prayer for your daughter tonite. Hope she's ok.

truckboy, being in the firearms industry as a maufacturer for a living, i gotta say, theres nothing wrong with a gun of any sort, bb or real, its the idiot who uses it irresponsibly. a gun is a tool, just like a claw hammer, or a 12mm wrench.
BiLLy bOb
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 10:02 PM

I hope your daughter's OK. I'll pray that everythign turns out well. It sounds like she'll be fine. I'd at least call the police to report this. That way if it happens again there'll be "intent" on someone's part. If it were me, I'd also try to find the litlte punks that did this. Just so I could beat the snot out of them.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 10:05 PM

if you find the kid who did it drag his or her parents out in the street and kick there teeth in! #@$# for not raising there kid right.

im with billybob on this guns or bb guns are not bad just the @#$(* useing it and the person who was supsosed to teach them to handle a weapon saftely

When i was growing up after the age of 5 my dad would not even let me point a cap gun at anybody or i would have a worn out fanny
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 10:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK guys, I'm sorry. I worded that the wrong way. I was just mad. It isn't the guns that kill, it IS the people. In this case its the parents for not teaching their kids properly about firearms. Well, assuming it was kids that did this. I don't imagine an adult would, but you never know. Sorry I put that the wrong way, it just pisses me off when this kind of thing happens. Stupid idiot people.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 10:41 PM

Toy- i hope that you got out of work in a timely fashion and were able to help comfort your daughter. She will be in my thoughts.
Rae
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 01:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

what the hell is goin on out in the world... cant even be safe in our own back yard... i would go around every house thats in the neihbor hood, or even if there are woods or something near, where someone could conseal themselves, and make a shot... thats just plain IDIOTIC!

dude, thats VERY serious. this person (maybe not a kid, maybe) knew what they were doing, and if they thought about it once, im sure thatll it will run through their idiot head again, maybe theyll turn the trigger on themselves. maybe in some other place, either way, dont let them get away with it man, find the scumbag who woudl even think about that... take out the blood hounds, call the fbi or something... this is serious man.

the world today. i would stay out of the town for a long while, maybe even move....

yesterday there was a drunk guy out in my back yard, no shirt, no shoes, Dirtbag looking, and flashing people... sickest thing ive ever seen. police were there in a matter of minutes, but i really wanted to take my fist and knock some sense into that idiot. would of been easy, and over within a matter of seconds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode