Help? Need Extended Shocks (again) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 05:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help? Need Extended Shocks (again)

Hello All, I just installed the Trailmaster 3" Lift- leaf springs (SPUA configuration) and added 4" shackles for an additional 2 inches on front and back. It appears to be a total of 5 inches of lift and I like the way it sits now. Problem is the stock shocks are fully extended on all four corners causing severe bounce on every little road bump... At night my headlights bounce up and down so bad, that other cars are pulling off to the side of the road.
Using the search feature I spent 3 hours in this suzuki forum reading everything I could about extended shocks for my 87 Samurai, and everything pointed to getting the DT-3000's. But I decided to visit a guy who owns a zook with a SPOA and DT-3000's.(Remember I'm SPUA) We went for a ride and it was too stiff! Like a cement truck. I then searched Trailmaster's site but they only had 3 inch longer. I checked out CalMini's page and they had 5" extended shocks w/boots. I'm looking for a soft mushy shock. This is my everyday ride and I don't care about going extreem or rock crawling, From what I have read the Calmini Shackle Reverse combo uses these 5" shocks and sports a comfy ride for their s/r. I just don't want to get a stiff ride, I'm currently running 29 inch Futura MUD tires from pep boys, but have room for 31's. Any Help or Opinions? Thanks... I just found you guys.. MUD_DOCTOR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 12:27 AM

Re: Help? Need Extended Shocks (again)

I have SPOA with rears up front and CJ springs in the rear, DT3000 shocks on all 4 corners. Running about 6" of lift with 31" tires. Rides like a cadillac, don't think the problem is with the shocks it is most likely the springs.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 06:23 AM

Here's the part numbers for some Red Ryder shocks I just bought at autozone yesterday. Total cost 48.00 bucks! They are sized to work with 5" of lift and are a nice mushy light valved shock.

Front-81440

Rear-81538

I also have the part num. for the longer brake lines from napa if you need them.

Matt Schiccatano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

excell, ifn ya dont mind, post dem napa numbers, prolly gonna need LONGER lines myself in a few days.
BiLLy bOb
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 10:40 AM
Addict

If u want some cheepies.....Monroe.....shocks fer a 82 mazda 626 rear ...will fit in the front....and 90 f 250 rear's will fit in the rear ...u will have to remove the bushing from the f 250 shocks to fit over the stock sammi pins...thats what i run...
Fronts cost 12 buc's each the rear's cost 15 each and mine rids grate...good luck
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 11:11 AM

Here ya go Billy Bob!

Front Hose-38541

Rear Hose-38688

Matt
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 03:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think you are right Moonzuki, if the springs are stock, flat, and worn out without much of an arch, that could take away from a good ride ride reguardless of the configuration, good deal on the rears up front and yj rears, I've heard that makes a great riding zuki..

EXCEL22, This is the info I have been looking for, I'm headed out to Auto Zone NOW! THANKS SO MUCH, I'll let everyone know how the RED RYDER's pan out in a couple of days! and thanks for the Napa brake line numbers too, that will be next right after a pitman arm or z-link...( whichever it will take, I'll read more into steering correction later)

Also thanks to AZZUKI about the Mazda (monroe numbers) this is good information these parts counter guys just cant seem to come up with! ( yes, it has air conditioning ) laugh!

<font color=red size=4>MUD_DOCTOR</font>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 04:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Matt, Just installed the extended length Red Ryder shocks you recomended, and WOW.. Great Ride! I am very impressed with them both on and off road. I also picked up 4 silver E polly-ruber dust boots in bright red at p boys to enhance the look...a bit fatter than most shock boots ( made for srteering stabelizer but fit the red ryders nicely) anyway, all the shakes and rattles are gone and my zuk rides like a cadalac with the 5 inch spua configuration lift using the trailmaster 3" lifted springs and 4 inch shackels. Thanks so much for providing that valuable information. <font color="red" size="5">MUD_DOCTOR</font>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 05:40 PM

Hey Mud lets see some pics of it!

Jim
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2002, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jim, pics comming soon... have to shoot some other stuff for e-bay soon, so stay tuned. MUD_DOCTOR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode