electrical stuff on zuk - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 01:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

electrical stuff on zuk

hey, i dont know if i should be worryin about this, but, when i turn my blinker on, and have the heater on, should i hear the heater changing speeds with the blinker?
pretty annoying, makes me think i have something wrong with the eletricals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 01:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: electrical stuff on zuk

haha ya goot I hear the same thing kinda cheap sounding eh! I used to wonder if maybe with a higher out put amp maybe it would stop thta but I dunno mine does the same!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 02:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

yeah, cheap sounding man, i would like to put a gm alt...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 08:11 AM

although its not really "right," it is normal... i think you can fix it by using bigger ground wires, but i'm not really sure... a bigger alt would solve the problem though because you'd have more electricity, and the blinker wouldnt have to steal from the heater anymore...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 09:00 AM

I pulled out all of the wiring from my zuki and rewired it completely. I put a 10gauge dedicated ground wire throughout the whole system and branched it off to each item. I use no body grounds excect those items that cannot be helped. I also run dual batteries, the accessory battery having it's own fusebox and isolated excapt for the solonoid crossover(for when I leave my lights on and drain the battery). I do not have this voltage drop problem with the heater. The dedicated ground helps, and also I do not need worry about corroded grounds creating "gremlins". Run you a ground from battery to heater, it will solve your problem.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 07:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, i payed more attention, and my targa light does the same, it blinks weakly, and my dash lights. hope not my head or tail lights. shouldnt since they probably have theyre own ground right?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 07:30 PM

Right behind the battery, there is a ground attached to the firewall. Remove it, scrub it with a wire brush, scrape the paint off the firewall under it, and re-install. Then apply some paint over the bolt and terminals so as it won't happen later.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 08:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

haha my battery has 750 warm and 630 cold crankin! that could run a darn tractor! really it has not made that much of a difference just big heavy battery
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'll second the ground wire change. Behind the distrib, change that to a 10 guage braded strap, solved lots of my problems.
l8r
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 09:28 PM

'750 warm and 630 cold crankin' -aww, thats just a baby: dual 1150 cca's w/ 185 min reserve ( each), plus a 90 amp alt. I dont even bother to plug the diesel in in the winter 8^D

-Shawn- is right though, its not likely to the batteries, or the alt size, but the ground connection. You take a look at any military, or hard-core agricultural setup, and they're built the way shawn described, with a dedicated ground lead system.

I'll add my own $3 quick trick, too: use a low resistance (ie welding) wire from the alt case to the - battery terminal. it 'cheats' the regultaor a bit by reducing the ground resistance, and you'll usually get 5-10 amps more out of the alternator, and better low-rpm output.

chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode