anyone got 4.62's? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

anyone got 4.62\'s?

I am getting my 33's very soon and need to be able to turn them. I'd love to justy buck up and get a hybrid rear but with the 33's and YJ's coming soon it might be outta the budget.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 02:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: anyone got 4.62\'s?

get some 5.12's it would pull them like a charm ( they have to be from the front of sidekicks!) or get 2 front chunks and just slide them in
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 06:03 PM
Addict

Hey Studly,,,,, I must be thick....r u tellin me that if i get Side kick front third member they will bolt right in to my Sammi??
And i will have 5.12's?....will it also bolt in the rear???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 06:06 PM
mikrosilakhan

yea , theer aluminum housings though so if you smash them on a rock theyll explode into a zillion pieces
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 06:29 PM

I have got the FULL running gear out of a 95 Tracker 4x4 auto if you are interested.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

hmmm.. big queation is how much, i'd want the rear axle and just the front 3rd member, they may be geographically undesireable for me though.

I want 4.62's so I can go with a 4.16 case later no and still drive on the highway. I might just buck up and go for the D/L or Sumo gears.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:29 PM

With a 1.6 and a GRS 1 I think you would do just fine. I run a 30.8" tire now. I have a 1.6 8V that is carbed and it doesn't have any problems gettin up to 85 on the flats and 55 on the hills. As long as your not just a rock crawler I think you will do ok. With the GRS1 you get a 12% reduction in high range.
Some one tell me if my math is correct the difference between a 30 and a 33 is 3" 10% of 30 is 3. So if he went with a 33 and a GRS1 it wouold actually be 2% lower geared in high range then he is currently. Of course that doesn't take into account weight diff. and tire drag due to being wider either. I dunno I think it would work maybe?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey if you are willing to run 4.16 gears that would just help you more with the 5.12's and I dont believe you would lose that much top end power but then again it all depends ont eh weight of the tires you plan on running but I would just go with the 5.12's and 4.16 gears!

P.S. how hard of an install is it to put a tracker rear axle in a sammy hey if he dont want that I will take it but I really need a tranny and t/case as I have plans to run a dual case set-up I will pm ya
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 07:49 PM

There are some 4.62's out of a tracker for sale over on Izook, some pretty cool other stuff aw well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode