Off Roading Forums banner

GOOD Suzuki Stuff For Sale: Help Fund My Addiction

488 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Samurai202 
#1 ·
I have a 1.6 8 valve motor for sale. It has approx 70K on it. Does not include intake nor distributor but does include a newer exhaust with a Cherry bomb muffler. RUNS EXCELLENT AND IS VERY VERY CLEAN! does not burn oil nor smoke. Price = $550.00. It's sitting in a "Low Rider" truck. The odometer shows 77K but it's been a low rider for years so true miles are actually less than that.

Front third member and complete rear axle from 1991 4WD Tracker. Price = $200.00.

AC for a Tracker includes EVERYTHING. Price = $150.00.

5 Spd. 4WD Transmission and T-case. $200.00.

Also have a set of 4:62 Third Members. Price = $250.00.

Other misc. parts available: email with needs.

Prices are "You pull it prices." I can help yank them but I'd rather not ship...

#3 ·
Nope, I bought this motor/truck in case I couldn't get my motor up and running. But, since I got it running good it looks like I won't need this spare engine now. I'm going to keep the EFI and wiring from this truck in case I decide to swap it over later.you can come by and hear it run if you want.

#8 ·
Hi Bulldog.

I failed to mention that it had smaller tires. I naturally figured that mentioning "low-rider" would indicate that it actually had smaller tires on it. Smaller tires will make the odometer rotate faster since the odometer is calibrated for a specific tire. Smaller = faster rotation: larger = slower rotation. That's why a larger tire will make a speedometer read less then the true speed. A smaller tire will make it read higher.

G
#9 ·
I realized a lowrider has smaller tires since at our house our cars go from slammed to the ground to the high lift on the sammy.And the odometer still reads the same mileage because a mile is still a mile! Yes if you have rubberband tires or larger tires it will affect your speedometer not odometer. EX: to go to my work in any of the 4 vehichles it is 26 miles on any of the 4 odometers. Speedometers measures speed and odometers measure mileage.

#11 ·
Re: odometers vs speedometer now

bulldogzook, How many speedometer cables does you vehicle have? The answer is one. If you change tire size, it does affect both.
You Stated = Speedometers measures speed and odometers measure mileage.Yes if you have rubberband tires or larger tires it will affect your speedometer not odometer.

#12 ·
Re: odometers vs speedometer now

Thats correct, your odometer reads your mileage by the number of rotations your tire makes, and it is computed using your stock tires. So if you have bigger ones it will show less miles, if you have smaller it will show more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.