Who sells seat tracks for replacement seats??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Who sells seat tracks for replacement seats???

I see that lots of people are swapping out the seats of their Samurai's for more comfortable ones, and I want to do the same. My driver's seat is in pretty bad condition and the vinyl seats are brutal in the summer! LOL Even with two seat covers over them. Plus, I'm 6'5" and need the seat moved back a bit so I figure, why not just get new seats. I know I've seen articles somewhere on what seats to use and how to install them but can't remember where? Anyone???
I also remember seeing that one of the vendors sells/sold the tracks already drilled out for the seat swap. Anyone remember who?

If you've done this swap, feel free to let me know which seats you used and how it went. Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Cheers!
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:43 PM

Re: Who sells seat tracks for replacement seats???

I believe SpiderTrax sells seat adaptor plates but I think they're only for the hard plastic racing seats.

I install Swift GTi seats for people and they're VERY easy. You can reuse the stock tracks AND you will still gain more leg room becasue of the seat's construction. The hardest part of the GTi seat swap is finding a set of the seats. I've driven as far as 1.5 hours (one way) just to pick up a set. If you find some I'll try to help you install them either over the phone of via the internet.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for the help Cap'n! I'll definitely look for a set ASAP. I'm lucky in these parts of Canada b/c I can find virtually ANY part through a set of local recyclers here. Are there any years that I should be focusing on for the Swift GTi's?
BTW, have any pics of the completed project???

Thanks!
Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:55 PM

here is some great info its from outlaw and sarge site

<a target="_blank" href=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/offroadtech/files/How%20To%2C/KickSeatStory.pdf>kick'n seats</a> you might have to sign up but it will be ol'right
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i wont probably steer clear of getting cloth seat, if you go wheeling allot then you will be riding with a wet tush everywhere you went, maybe re-upolster them, i think it ran my buddy $180 to get his done...by the time you buy an adapter kit and new seats, or even if you make your own adapter kit spending the $$$ might be a good idea...just my $.02 good luck!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:11 PM

I noticed the other day that JC Whitney actually sells replacement seats for Sammis and Kicks/Trackers and cheap too, about $60 US per if ZI remember correctly.

I recently installed Geo Prizm seats into my Tracker without too much trouble. (I know the Sammis mount differently.) I was able to cut off the Prizm slider portion of the seatframe and using some 1/8X2" steel strap, fashion some simple "L" shaped brackets that were then bolted between the Tracker sliders and the seatframe.

I was also able to adjust the location of the seat front to back on the sliders giving additional leg room.

Sorry I don't have any pics. I would recommend the Prizm seats as a comfy place to park your butt if you can find them.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Some ideas. I did the RCI's. Jim
<a target="_blank" href=http://www.izook.com/tech/samseats.htm>http://www.izook.com/tech/samseats.htm</a>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 773737-seat.jpg (17.6 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:35 PM

hemo
if you find you need different sliders, Princess Auto carry brand new ones - the type where one side is the locking rack, and the other is a simple slider, so you can set them to any width needed. they've got a bolt type height adjuster on each end, too, so you can set up height, and 'rake' on the seat to whatevers comfortable, too.

if you're near a you-pull-it yard, mercedes sedans from the 60's, and 70's use the same sort of tracks, with about 10.5" adjustment on them...bolt down mountings, so they're very easy to adapt.

c
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Sweet! Thanks again! A new Princess Auto just opened up not far from me and everything there is on sale! Just saw the new flyer and it's amazing. I'll definitely look at those sliders to see what it's all about. Only problem would be to find old Mercedes seats in good condition.

Cheers,
Steve
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 02:14 PM

AS far as I can tell, they made 3 different material patterns for the Swift GTi seat material. If you look on eBay there's an auction for a pair now (type (Suzuki Samurai Swift) and you'll find them. From that auction there's a link to my previous auction that'll show you what the "First generation fabric" ones look liks in my Sami. I have since changed them to the "Second Generation" which is a litle more grey and no red. The seats up for auction now are "Third Generation."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode