Boner of the day LOL - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Boner of the day LOL

Changed my oil today and even put in good ole dualube ! Started the Zuke up and waited for the oil light to go out, but it would not. Shut it down got out to see oil and Duralube all over the ground. SH_T forgot to put on the new oil filter!!!! LOLOL , Just thought I would share a good laugh with you fellow Zukers !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:11 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Boner of the day LOL

Thanks, can always use a good chuckle...especially when it sounds exactly like something I would do! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:02 AM

LOL! Remind me not to let you work on my car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:16 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Reminds me of the old Chevy small block canister oil filters. Jim
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:22 AM
mikrosilakhan

I whatched my buddy do that on his CBR years ago.. It is funny,sorry it cost ya a thing of duralube though it aint cheap!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:27 AM

When I installed my locker a couple of weeks ago when puttin my axles back in,I put the dust covers on both sides upside down!!Needless to say,the rotors wouldnt go on and had to almost pull both axles out again[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 11:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

OK, since others are fessin' up....when I was putting my new (home made) lower shock mounts on last weekend, I got them all welded on, pulled the Zuk into the barrow pit to flex it up and measure for the shocks and suddenly realized I had welded the rear ones on backwards! I had them pointing off the back of the axle instead of the front!! [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

I swore I wouldn't tell anyone that one.....oh well [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:00 PM
Can't Get Enough

[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, that happens to the best of us. A couple weeks ago I checked my timing. Got done, went to take her for a spin around the block, and wondered why it ran so rough and had no power. Oops, forgot to re-attach #1 plug wire. Doh!
LOL [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Enthusiast

I bought a Dodge Dakota for parts and drove it home. At home, I then removed the radiator and power steering pump and proceeded to shift into Drive and drive it out to the back storage lot. I was almost there when it suddenly would not drive any further. The engine was still running, but just would not go! At that moment smoke started pouring out of the engine area. I'm thinking "Crap!" transmission went bad and now the engine all in a moment, what bad luck, now how can I sell the parts to get my money back as was the plan? Getting out and opening the hood to view the carnage I was surprised, removing the radiator allowed the automatic transmission to pump all the tranny fluid out, when it was all gone, the vehicle would not move. Not moving allowed the fluid burning on the hot exhaust manifold to now pour out the sides rather then the rear, thus the blown engine thoughts. DUH! Color me red-faced...

Donald
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:22 PM

OK, I'll fess up...

When I was putting in my GTI seats, I installed the seat tracks on backwards. The crappy part was I had to grind down some of the bolts after installing the tracks in order to make things work. It took me about 2 hours to undo what I messed up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode