My Sammi Has Hesitation!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

My Sammi Has Hesitation!!!

Need help here guys and gals!!! While driving my sami home from work today she really started to hesitate when I was accelerating. I checked my spark plug wires and that was all really thought to check. Can anyone help me here I really need her to stay healthey for just a little while longer till I get my lift put on her!!!! And then I will be dropping in my new 16v motor (cant wait till it happens either) Any help would be great here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 09:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: My Sammi Has Hesitation!!!

Ok, pull the vacuum advance line off at the carb , and start suckin on it . With the engine at idle, it should speed up if the advance is working . Also, check the fuel filters, pump, and lines for any leaks or plugging . More than likely, the carb is plugged , vacuum advance blown, or the fuel pump quit .
Sarge
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 10:20 PM
Old Hand

I'd check the cap and rotor also, maybe you'll luck out and that will be the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

This is a weber carb that I have on it!!! Now my sami is running of a mechanical pump. Do they need replaced often? Were should my main focas be! On the fuel system, and filters or should I check else were. Also I am not sure which one is the vacume advance line? Still need more imput!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Veteran

The vacuum advance line is the one that runs from the carb to the vacuum advance diaphragm. Pull it off of the carb (with the engine running), apply vacuum and see if the RPM's increase. Then use the tip of your tongue to plug the line and see if the diaphragm holds a vacuum. If it leaks down, it's bad and you need a new one. HTH
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:18 AM
Keyboard Implanted

On your carb there is a 14mm nut on the bottom side of the fuel inlet for the inlet strainer . I'd check it first , just clean it out with some carb cleaner carefully . Take careful note of which direction it goes in , and do not overtighten the nut . If that isn't the problem , I'd be checking the fuel pump or inline filters . You can take the fuel line off at the carb , and crank the motor over with the coil disabled to see if it's pumping well enough . Also, whenever you have a fuel delivery problem with a stock factory mechanical pump , check the oil in the engine . If it's filling itself up, and smells like gas , get that pump off right now and change the oil immemdialtely . If you are running a bowl vent line from the top of the bowl, there is a chance that the canister has deposited some garbage in the bowl . Check the pump out first , then we'll go from there .
Sarge
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

I think It might be solved i found a few vacume leaks and I capped them off and replaced some hoses. Thanks sarge and mr surley. I owe you for the info mybe our pathes will reach someday!!!! Thanks again and I will keep you posted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode