what shocks are better? i want your 0.02 cents! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

what shocks are better? i want your 0.02 cents!

howdy,
right nor i run 3000 doetsch tech shocks. but are the doetsch pre-runner 8000 shocks any better? how do they perform on street, and how do they perform off-road? whitch are beter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 08:23 PM
WSB

Re: what shocks are better? i want your 0.02 cents!

Jim,
I ran the Doestech 3000's on my CJ7 and they were great, I have a pair of them on the front of my Zuki now and I think that they are too stiff. I also have a pair of the Trailmaster (the cheaper ones) on the rear of my zuk and I don't like them.
If I was to buy new shoocks I would probably buy Bilsteins ($). Plus I think the Bilsteins have a narrower tube then the other brands.
Don't get me wrong - the Doestech's are good shocks, but I feel that the valving is too stiff for my Sami.

Wayne
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have pro comp, oil in the front, gas in the rear, thats what they sold me, they ran out of oil, I had Doetsch on a 89 trooper, felt nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 08:57 PM

I run the DT 8000's on the front of my zuk and love them. When I save enough pennies I'll get a set to replace the Superlift softrides on the rear. I'm running YJ's which are softer then stock springs so that might be the difference in ride quality.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i would love to have yj springs, but the lift i have now is based on my garage door heighth. so i can only go up another inch if that. so if anyone knows the best riding shocks for a sammi. let me know.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 09:36 PM

I have Tuff Country's on my zuk and they aren't to bad. My favorite shocks are the Trail Master SSV's. We use them on our patrol Jeeps, and I've had them on one of my personel rigs. When you are cruising along going slow or steady the shocks are nice and soft when you start cornering hard and hitting bumps hard the shocks stiffen up and really help control your rig. I also like DT's.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The DT8000 shocks are a firmer valved shock. They're not optimal for the light weight of the Samurai. They're more designed for vehicles the size of Toyota pickups and Jeep Cherokees.

You'll have a much better ride with the DT3000 shocks.

We've done extensive testing on both types with various vehicles and really prefer the coomfort of the 3000 series.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 05:19 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: what shocks are better? i want your 0.02 cents

Glenn do you have that backwards? You allways pushed the 3000 as too stiff, and sold the 8000 with your kits. (Mine included.) I have DT8000 series on my truck and am happy with them, work well with my M/L
Cj springs, not stiff, Only problem I had was denting the shocks with extreme flex. (Had to re-do the shock mounts once.)
Edited to add, I may have this backwards so if so, then in the words of Emily Lattela "Never mind"
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 06:54 AM
bneiman

Don't want to speak for Glen but He's got it right as far as my testing goes too. I 'm no shock guru or anything but if there is one, what shock provides (truly) an all around better ride for a samurai than the DT3000? my .02. I think your spring has obviously a ton to do with it so pinpointing the perfect shock? pretty hard to say. I know what works together for me. DT3000' s W/Trailmaster 4" lift springs. = a ride that is envied by my trail buddies! Any one try this config and have not so positive results?
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: what shocks are better? i want your 0.02 cents

No. The DT 3000 is the way to go.

I have been down on the ProComp ES3000 though. It is the same shock as the Rancho 5000 which makes it amoung the stiffest shocks on the planet..... or put another way, the worst shock you can put on the lightest 4WD on the planet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode