I'm back up running at 110%!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I\'m back up running at 110%!!

With the help of Yankee Bob and his bro (Yankee Mike), my Sammy is back up and running, and better than before. Long story short, my axle tube was bent, causing my locker to sheer all 4 pins and shatter a side coupler.

I searched for a solution. First was build my own hybrid, but all they yards wanted $200+ just for a tracker tube. Too much and I would still have to build it.

Second was buying a hybrid tube. Cost for that were ~$300, but I had to supply cores (or pay the price).

So remembering what I saw during the Easter Jeep Safari, I called Spidertrax. They have the new "Sidewinder" axle tubes. They cost $499. A bit more than what I wanted to spend, but I did it anyway.

Why did I spend $500 for a tube? It's 1/4" thru-out. The tubes are 1/4"+ thick DOM. The housing is all plate, 1/4" thick thru-out (1/2" thick where the diff bolt on). It accepts Kick rear chunks, of which I have 3 brand new ones in 5.12.

I will NOT bend this, ever. Now with the Calmini HD Moly axles in it, I think 35"s are in order. Guess I need to start saving for a hybrid front axle.

I installed a spidertrax traction bar. It's working. Went out last night with Bob on a very gnarly local trail to test it out. Both the axle and the traction bar worked flawlessly.

Off to GON ZOOKIN'! I want to see what I can/can't break
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 12:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: I\'m back up running at 110%!!

Just don't let Bob drive it!
Glad to hear you are up and running. can you grab a set of the white lites for my nephews bumper? We can't find them up here,
or if you have a link to order a set from northen or somewhere that will do too. I just need to swap A/C pumps so I have onboard air again and the Weasel is ready and make up my mind to flat tow or trailer.(Trailer needs to be rewired and grease the wheel bearings.. )
I think NCO said they would have a welder there right?
I was wondering if I should load the 175amp mig and the 100lb
ar/co2 and genset.. If you want to bring your welder I will bring the genset. My welder is a big thing..
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

The lights can be had at NAPA. They usually have them there. If not, they get them next day if ordered. Cost about a buck each with another buck for the rubber grommet. They are listed at "clearance markers". Or any truck stop will have them, usually in bins. If not, let me know.

You bring the Genset, Bob and I will brings welder and plasma (I hope), depending on how much room we will have. Otherwise, NCOTim will be hooked up well.

Bob doesn't want it to break, as he's hoping that it will go under his truck in the not-so-distant future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 12:35 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Okay I will pack the genset. Do I smell a GV hybred? I will check with my NAPA guy too. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode