Where can I buy National Springs & Revolvers??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Where can I buy National Springs & Revolvers???

Hey every 1,

Where can I buy a rear set of National 3" springs and a pair of rear Revolver shackles for my Suzuki Samurai? I need them as soon as possible. I already know Rocky Road sells them, but I heard about an big confrontation between them and a customer because they wouldn't warrant the springs from twist after only 1 weekend of use..but ANYhoo, just let me know where you guys get em' from and thanks!

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 11:19 PM
Pooh-Bah

Re: Where can I buy National Springs & Revolvers???

Call National Spring Directly, they have a add in almost every 4WOR and Fourwheeler mag. Or if you want to support a vendor I know Rocky Road has the springs. As for the revolvers, there is a guy, Don Peters who sells them ..

I found this on the FARC, its dated 5-17-01

I've got a fresh order of Teraflex Revolver shackles for Sammy folks at
a blowout price that unfortunately can't be advertised so e mail me if
you're interested. If you have switched to jeep springs, no problem... I
have those also. They're all the same price. These will get you 9" of
usable wheel travel at both ends. All payments accepted.

Thanks, DC

Fax line - 540-890-6643
Office line - 540-890-3335
Mobile business line - 540-819-0064
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Actually, we have nothing to do with the Warranty offered by manufacturers on their parts, be it National, ARB, Powertrax, Centerforce, Etc....

We do everything we can to help communicate information between the manufacturer and buyer though, purchase date information, etc.

I sure hope someone isn't spreading mis-information about our involvement in any warranty issues though. They are completely out of our hands. We do try and assist both parties where we can though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

All I know is that they were saying they bought from you and you were saying that it wasn't your product even though you sold it and use it w/ your kits. They said you told them to call National, then National told them to deal through you, and then it just went all to heck from there. They're pretty p'd. off though and have totally given up on nationals & you, no offense, thats just what they were telling me. Thats why I was kind of hesitant about buying from you guys, but I found someone to get them from now so thanks anyway. I do have your SPOA kit and have been very pleased w/ it, except for the shock mount that broke off on the rear passenger side(which is still tied on w/ a heavy duty zip-tie). I also had alot of trouble w/ your front Crawler bumper because the holes didn't come even close to being correct to mount it(so I had to pay a guy $70 to weld it on) and then my brand new Warn M6000 and roller fairlead wouldn't fit because they holes were way off again, which had nothing to do w/ a "twisted frame." Anyway, not trying to bash you, just making my point on why I was hesitant buying the national springs from ya.

Tim

Tim
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 02:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

All of the parts we manufacture come with a lifetime warranty. If you had trouble with a shock mount, just let us know and we can replace it for you at no cost.

As far as I'm aware on the Nationals, they require the spring to be sent into them so they can examine it. They'll be checking to see if it was damaged by abuse, or by manufacturers defect. Perhaps they referred that customer back to us for information on how to do this? We can also provide a bill of sale direct to National if needed.

If this person needs the information, have them contact me direct should you speak to them again. We try to assist in warranty claims in any way possible.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

I'd love to get another shock mount from you guys, but it just doesn't work/sound as easy as it does. The shockmount is welded to my tracker hybrid axle, which means I would have to pay someone to cut it off and then pay them again to weld the new one on. Not to mention it would weaken the axle housing. I'm just going to have to pay to have the shock bolt welded back to the shock plate. It'd be great if you guys could pay for the weld instead of sending another shockmount out. Let me know cause I still haven't fixed it and I'm getting Nationals and Revolvers next week. Thanks,

Tim
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Just clarifying that yes, you can see how good my friend welds(professional) because his weld is still holding the shockmount on perfectly, but it was your weld that broke-where the shock bolt connects to the angled shockmount plate. Wanted to let you get a feel of what is exactly wrong w/ it.

Tim
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2002, 07:46 PM

I have had similiar trouble with other companies as what your friend had with RRO. IMO if a company ,say RRO, advertises that the product, in this case Nationals, comes with a warranty, and you break it during that warranty period the company RRO should be responsible, if it's as easy as it sounds just return the springs to National then why put a customer through all of that. Just have the customer ship it back to you. You should be qualified to tell if it was abuse or defect make the customer happy get him his springs and then YOU RRO could deal with National. I would think that a company like RRO would have a little more clout with national then some guy off the street. I have gone through similar things and thats my .02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode