super swamper LTB's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

super swamper LTB\'s

ok.. i'm lookin' for a 31 x 11.5" tire... i noticed the super swamper LTB's...

why are they so cheap?

is there something wrong with them?

is anybody using them?

has anybody heard anything good or bad about them?

what other tires come in 31 x 11.5?... i was going to buy cooper discoverer stt's but they discontiued the line.

i'm going to be using these tires for both on and off-road use... but i want them to be good in mud and other hazardous terrain!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Re: super swamper LTB\'s

hmmmmm... so nobody has tried these? nobody's tried any 31 x 11.5's? maybe i'm gonna be the first. ok...
what's a mail-order tire company that is reliable, with cheap shipping? i'd like to hear the experiences ppl have had with the diff. companies.

i guess it's the weekend and ppl don't feel like responding! VOYEURS!!! hehehe just kidddin'! i'm just bored..... (being at work all saturday sucks!)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 11:56 AM

how much are they and where did you see them I am looking for some wide 31 inch tires as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 12:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have looked into a set of the 33x13.50 ss ltb and can get them for less than 115 a piece instaled. i have a buddy with a toyota that has run them for a couple of weeks and loves them......he did say that they rode a little rough since they are not a radial but a bias ply tire. as light as a zuk is they should wear pretty well too
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast

I don't know how much road use your Zuk gets, but they do make noise. You don't have to worry about falling asleep at the wheel with those on. They work well here in Florida in the mud and muck, but their only draw back is the noise and vibration.

Less than 2c worth.

Jim
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm running the Swamper TRXUS M/T's and love them!!! At Zuwharrie they really shined in the mud. The side lugs go almost all the way around the tyre to the rim. They are fairly quiet on road and have good manners on the road. They are also one of the least expensive Swamper!!
ROB
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Old Hand

A friend of mine just picked up a set of 31x11.50 ltb's the other day. he hasen't tried them out yet, but they feel like a soft compound. His only measure about 30" tall. In a couple more days i'll be able to tell you if they work good or not [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-11-2002, 10:31 PM

Wild Cat Traction Tires, they are a 6 ply, used them for years on all my 4x4 awesome in the mud and go great in the sand, not much road noise either. BTW never had a flat with one of those. They are somewhat similar to a BFG Mud tire.
The have a 31 by 11.5, usually run about 115.00 apiece.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 02:32 AM
Veteran

FWIW, and it isn't much, I called Interco to ask about the LTB since first hand experience is almost non-existent here or elsewhere on the net. After numerous busy signals, holds, and "call back after lunch" tries, I got a hold of one of their "technical experts." I was not impressed with his expertise.

Q: Why a LTB? What is the difference b/t it and a regular TSL? How do I decide which to buy b/t 33 LTB and 33 TSL?
A: He said the are made in Mexico now not India. There main feature is that they are cheaper bec they are made elsewhere. He said they are getting reports from customers that they are finding them *more* durable than the std TSL. He did not know if the current Mexico compound was any different that the std TSL. He did not THINK it was. He said the India version was more natural rubber which was harder than a TSL (opposite of what I have read). He did not know if the side lugs were different. He pointed out that the center tread is different (easy enough to see in the pics) and that the widths are different (easy enough for anyone who can read to figure out)...basically it was of little help.

Q: Is there anyone else there who has the full scoop on the LTB's?
A: "ahhh....not really...no."

I'm either going to get the 33 LTB or the 33 Radial TSL. I've heard a lot of good things about the radial TSL. Beging a radial, they flex more easily than a bias and no flat spot issues.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 05:23 PM
Can't Get Enough

the cooper discoverer STT's havent been discontinued...they are still on their website. www.coopertire.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode