Finally! Movin' on up!!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Finally! Movin\' on up!!!!

It's about time! Called Tim at NCO last nite and ordered my 4.5" spoa kit and the breeze crossover steering! Xover is on BO but he's bringing the spoa kit with him to Paragon, figured I could save a few bucks on shipping. I didn't get the dt 3000's. Going with the cheap red ryder shocks. Anyone got the part numbers for the shocks that fit this kit? Tim was great to deal with, super nice guy! Tim if you read this I forgot to ask if the final price included the cost of shipping for the xover once it comes in. Let me know if I owe you any more money for shipping. Looking forward to meeting all the great people on this board, it's gonna be a great weekend! See ya there!

Matt Schiccatano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 12:04 PM

Re: Finally! Movin\' on up!!!!

sounds like a good thing you didnt get the dt 3000 shocks I have been told that they arent very good but the 8000 are the good ones
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 01:29 PM
bneiman

who told ya that? The dt 3000's are an excellent shock for a samurai. Ask around on this board. just my opinion though.
I've tried other shocks. I've been using 3000's for the last 5 yrs. just installed my 3rd set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 05:10 PM

I had the choice 3000 or 8000 both for the same price so I got the 8000 they have built in bump stops and are double walled I was told they were the better shock I have been running these for about 2 years now and they have many battle scars and still work like day one
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 06:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been running the 3000's and have been very happy with them. However since I just installed my new lift (14") I needed longer ones. I got a good deal on Pro-Comp 1000's (34"). Any opinions?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 06:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The DT3000 shocks are a much better choice for the Samurai. The 8000 series are a shock designed for vehicles thousand of lbs heavier than the Zuk, stay with the DT3000 and you'll be much happier. A much better ride on and offroad.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 07:35 PM

I had the 3000's on my YJ and used to jump it regularly and they held up awesome. Good street ride as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode