Anyone tow with there Samuri ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Anyone tow with there Samuri ?

Anyone tow anything on a regular basis with a stock Samuri ? What weight amount would be OK and not bog the truck down ? Thinking of making a very light weight trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 09:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Anyone tow with there Samuri ?

Sure, pull my single axle trailer with mine a lot . Usually just the garden tractor, that type of stuff . Mostly, never over 1,500lbs . Biggest thing to watch is the brakes , truck is already 800lbs over stock , and with the trailer , gotta watch stopping distances .
Sarge
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 11:58 PM
Enthusiast

I tow my boat with my Zuk, about 1000lbs. I even took it to Memphis picked up a U-Haul, loaded it with a piano, furniture, and luggage. I then proceeded to drive back to Florida, about 1000 miles. I had trouble with bearings in the tranny and t-case, but that was it. I almost forgot, 2 adults and 3 children also rode back to Florida in the thing.

Take care,

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 06:39 AM

i dont do any now (no trailer) but in my stock zuk i pulled a 4x6 from ga. to tx i messed up the 5th gear because after the trip 5th had a wine
but before that i would pull another trailer that weighed 1100 # and 1700# of stuff in it about 3 times a year about 25 miles loaded and 25 miles unloaded

zuks can do it but the clutch cant take it
i changed the clutch every year 3hrs start to finish that included going to get the clutch
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2002, 06:49 AM
Can't Get Enough

I have a small single axle 4'x7' utility trailer that I tow around once in a while. It is rated at 1400 lbs load capacity. For light hauls like the garden tractor or stuff, I can hardly tell it's there. But full load and I can feel it, but not much. I have overloaded it with landscape stone and travelled about 15 miles, but don't recommend that, I did have to watch my stopping distance and it kinda wanted to weave around.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 12:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heck, I took mine from Wisconsin to Mississippi, to Florida, up to New York, Then back over to Wisconsin again pulling a pickup bed with our junk in it, and 3 other people! On the hills it bogged down a little but, but other than that it did fine! And when I looked it over wgen I got back home, it has NO damage done at all to anything! Stronger little things that I ever imagined!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2002, 06:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i tow my boat and trailer most weekends it weighs about 1/2 ton or so and i do trips prolly bout 4 hours drive on holidays no problemo , dies in the [censored] going up hills and in strong headwinds , it a 97 factory coil sprung with a carbyied 1.3 and i use premium fuel when i have to tow it helps a little and really its not a pain to tow i just accept i have to be a little more careful when overtaking etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode