O/T...the war has started from across the street. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

O/T...the war has started from across the street.

howdy,
today i had the people across the street back into my 1999 ford f-150. the hit my truck with their mini van (not a nice mini van, but a white trash mobile van.) after hitting my truck they drove off. then when i called the cops i had to wait with the officer until they came home. when the officer asked why they drove off, they reply "O because we don't have insurance." so now i have a dent on the driver side of my truck right before the gas filler neck. my next door neighbor saw the whole thing. and the worst part about it is that i lost two 30 oz. porterhouse steaks that i was grilling for dinner. pics coming tomarrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: O/T...the war has started from across the street.

dont they take your drivers lic. away for 90 days for driveing w/o insurance in OH.... next step... BY A BIG DOG... make it sh!t in there yard.... HOW .... I hate people like that..... IF i was out of school I would paint your truck for free.... (going to body school) that just pisses me off..... and lossing the best stake poss..... man how sh!tty is that for you......
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
they have a cat and i have a breeding pair of rots. damn big dogs. but sweeter than hell, just don't hurt the owner or the dogs will kill. i'm just going to let them wait for me to do something but, i can wait longer. by the way they will loss their lic. for 90 days, a $75 fine, and $1000 fine for not have insurance or a month in jail. the guy that live their is an alcoholic, and the woman is off work on workers comp. my buddy next door told my she has been off work for the last 2 years that he has lived there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:15 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

geez... I know about how nice the rotts can be... i am getting a sweat heart of a pup in july.... due june 1.. cant wait....
SH!T on their yard......
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:18 PM
Addict

I would be more torked about losing the porter house steaks then the truck. Sorry about your bad luck.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know what you're going through Jim. 4 years ago Melissa and I were in an accident and my S-10 was killed, the owner a white trash b!tch had no insurance and I was out of work for 3 weeks. She had no insurance and no visible means of support.The police had an idea that she had no insurance and did nothing. They locked her up the day before court and let her go so she was a fail to appear. I was almost cited for contempt of court when I told the judge that she'll drive without insurance she'll sure as hell drive without a license so don't bother calling me back to court because I won't show up either. It really is aggravating when you don't have any recourse except court. I was awarded $15,000 in damages and the best part is i get a cheque weekly from her for $75, it does feel good when they give you something for your damages. A lot of attorneys work on a percentage and it might not be a bad idea to contact one as some will even give you a free initial consultation.
Good luck,
ROB
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 09:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Jimmie,
Don't start a war.....Ultimately, no matter what you do, you will be the loser. I don't care if you beat the living snot out of them. You will still be the loser as then you have lowered yourself to their level.

Make no mistake, I'm not saying they should get away 'scott' free. Quite the contrary, they should be held accountable for their misdeeds. I'm not sure what would be appropriate, but turning them into puppy chow isn't the answer.
Best thing would be to avoid any confrontations, or at least avoid any possible contact (with vehicles or personal).
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 10:22 PM

Jim,
You can't win with people that have nothing to lose. Keep your dogs on a short leash cuz with the stuff that went down out here in Cali and the dog mauling case, lawyers are just looking for a reason to find "aggressive" dogs to put to sleep. Let it go and be glad you have a better life than they ever could or will have.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 10:50 PM

Hi Jimmie,
I know the feeling about not having much recourse to a wronging, but don't get the dogs involved. We rott owners have enough problems without creating more for ourselves. Just remember in the end God judges all.

Tom
lilsammy4x4 [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
Carpal \'Tunnel

howdy,
i'm not the one starting a war. the guy that lives across the street got mad at me because i called the police. i would never let one of my dogs at anyone. i have my dogs as friends, and as a source of income. i would never let one of my dogs eat trash, and would never want to lose my dogs. i will not let my self be lowered to the bottom of the barrel. heck i evan asked the officer to turn her lights off not to draw an odd eye. it just for the last 2 monthes i have asked them to not park right by my driveway. because i can't pull into my driveway. my first week at my new house, they parked in front of my garbage cans and the city didn't pick up my trash. it just seems funny that i keep my sammi in the garage when it's not at work, me and my wife just bought a 2002 ford focus, i have the 1999 ford f-150, and we have a 1992 ford mustang 5.0 that i built up. we all ways have friends over to cook out or just to work on each other's cars. sorry so long but, now i reget moving into this home and not staying where we were. we just wanted more house and less yard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode