Roll over #4 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 05:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Roll over #4

Well, in a "Don't ask me how I did it here" tone, i managed to lay my zuk over yesterday evening at Uwharrie. No Alcohol involved, no "Hey guys, watch this", ...just moving to the side of the trail so some toyotas could pass.
We were on a one lane trail trying to get up to Kodac rock. Some toyotas were coming down the obstacle. We all started to pull over to the side and let them pass. Well someone parked where I was going to so I just decided to pull up on a berm and park. Well wouldn't you know it...some berms don't like it when you pull up on them at an angle. This berm was quick to show me who was boss. I have laid my zuk over 4 times. The first 3 were all what I would concider "soft" roll overs. This one was a little different. First I was a dumb @ss for not putting on my seat belt...but hey, I was just pulling up so someother vehicles could get by. NEVER again. If my @ss is in the seat, my belt is gonna be on. As the berm flexed it's mighty muscle and threw me off, all I could do was try to scramble for the passenger side so I would not have any parts sticking out of the drivers side. Well it's kinda hard with OUT my seat belt on and no door. I managed to grab the far bar on the passenger side. When it hit, my left shoulder was thrown into my overhead switch panel. It is all bruised and super sore. My butt ended up where my drivers window would have been. I should have been crushed under the cage. I am lucky though, I am alive, I walked away, and I drove my zuk away. That is the only time I can ever remember being in my zuk withOUT my seatbelt on. And low and behold that's the time I got hurt and had the worst lay over yet. Please, Please wear your seat belts at ALL times.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 737842-kevinureroll1.jpg (37.6 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 05:33 PM

Re: Roll over #4

Ok, I will
scott
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 05:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You're not too smart for a white boy are you ?? LOL Glad you're alright Kevin. I'll call you tomorrow to get directions to the store. We're leaving on wednesday as soon as M gets home.
ROB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 06:10 PM
Keyboard Implanted

dern man, glad yer ok. hope it didnt mess up the zuk too bad. you gonna be at zuwharrie next weekend? hope to see ya there. gonna check out that monster up close n personal for a change.
BiLLy bOb
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 06:50 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

biLLybOb,
You know I got no excuse to miss it now that I only live 2 hours away. My girlfriend is moving up here tuesday and we will both be there Fri, Sat and possibly Sunday.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:05 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

You better be there!!
ROB
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-07-2002, 08:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Now that sucks! Glad that your okay.
I've got bad news! I can't make it to Zuwharrie next weekend! Reason being is the driveshafts arn't done yet and that means that the Zuk isn't going to move an inch.
Well, read my "BAD NEWS" (Not going to Zuwharrie) post for more info.
Kevin, maybe when I get her back from the shop we can meet at Uwharrie for a day run? Since your about the same distance as I am.

Anyway, glad that your okay and that your Zuk is still running .
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 11:57 AM
Can't Get Enough

Ouch! Now yer gonna have a heck of a time telling them 'Yoter fellas that Zukes don't "roll" easy - especially when you up and flop over in front of 'em. [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
May all your rollovers be just as easy. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] LOL
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 01:31 PM

That's what those in the workman's comp field call a "freebie". Take the lesson and thank whatever gives you piece that it didn't cost you more than it did.

Glad you are ok.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-08-2002, 04:38 PM
lilzeus

Nice truck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode