hawk - Page 2 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 07:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: hawk

i agree w/ sarge... we dont need another post about a zig zag rool cage do we???? either say supportive remarks about another company or dont say anything at all.... I have noticed it is FORMER CUSTOMERS who flame you..And noticed that no one says anything negative about any other company but calmini...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 07:52 PM

I've been to Hawks quite a few times, He is very knowledgable, you can tell he knows his stuff. He is only into selling parts and complete veh. restorations though. He can have a upity attitude sometimes though. I asked about wrangler springs on a Samurai, He said I wouldn't know about that stuff I deal in only STRICKTLY suzuki stuff. But his parts he sold me have been top notch and he has alot of stuff in stock. I've found it's best to shop around, Hawks is more expensive on a lot of stuff then Trail Tough. He also doesn't budge on prices. A shop here in town was doing a motor job on a friend of mines samurai and he needed new motor mounts Hawks wouldn't give him a dealer price or anything just straight retail. I gave the shop AAPofA's phone number and they got the motor mounts for 20 bucks (apiece) cheaper.
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:19 PM

Yota,
Before you decide, give AAPA a call. A few local guys run his engines and are happy, happy! I beleive Zukiman has a AAPA motor in his ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:25 PM

i have bought from hawk lots of times in the last two or
three years--only had 1 problem and that was handled
quickly with no bs [bought a set of flat top pistons
w/rings & had 1 ring missing from pkg]-- buy your head
ready to go from asian auto for hi/preformance use--oldzuki
post #15 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hows come everyone else can say theyre oppinion, but when a vendor speaks out, he gets shunned,

not cool man. hes just sayin his experience.
post #16 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Old Hand

Been dealing with Hawk for over 6 years and have had the best service and advice when needed. I got a bell housing for a project 2 years ago that I found was wrong..........1 1/2 years later and rick sent me a replacement and didn't even flinch.....Great place and excellent customer service.
By the way I have a 92 injection head available used with 62K on it!!!! Kerry at SOS [email protected]
post #17 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:46 PM
zukiman

Glenn wasn't a vendor at the time of his purchase of that motor. So does that mean that anyone who speaks the (negative) truth gets flamed on here?

*flame suit on*

I've had both good experiences and bad experiences from Hawk. I've bought from them many times in the past, and every experience was good until Ted Holman from Vintage Suzuki joined them. I don't think he's there anymore, but there are enough other Suzuki places for me to shop from where I find better prices and same or better quality that I haven't had a need to buy from Hawk for the last couple of years.

I've met Rick Hawkins on a couple of occasions and always found him to be a very nice guy, but I've heard some really bad stories too. I won't get too deep into it, but I will say that people haven't always gotten what they've paid for.

-- Geoff Beasley
post #18 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Well i bought a rebuild kit from HAWK, he sounded like he really knew what he was talking about. Then I bought a head from asian auto parts. who also sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I bet most companys are pretty good when it comes to zuks, it not like buying parts for my chevy were most places are just jacka$$es because they get plenty of business because they dont just specialize in one make. I think the companys that deal with just zuk parts are more down to earth and they dont just beafup there zuks for show like most of the after market shops for chevys do. I also brought my block in to have the top milled and the cyclinders looked at. Well they milled the top and found that 2 of the cyclinders were bad. So now there boring it out .30 over and ordered new pistons and there polishing my crank for 220 dollars. does that sound like a good price? Also do will the .30 over cause me any problems?
post #19 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 09:26 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Hey, I'm not out to flame anyone at all . I've bought parts from all of the vendors . But bashing another vendor is just not a good business practice at all . I've also had some problems with almost all of them , but I don't publicly bash them for it . Whether or not they deal with it in a decent manner is whether or not they get return business , that's all . I will support the Zuk vendors before I will even go to a local store . I agree that they have given us way better attention than most aftermarket vendors even care to . But when they slam each other , makes them sound like the average Chevy or Jeep aftermarket people . When Glenn gets those bodies ready , I'll be in line with everyone else to buy one . He's got some great stuff , and my dealings with him have always been a pleasure . Enough said ,
Sarge
post #20 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 09:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i stil aggree w/ sarge on this one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode