do i need wipers? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 05:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

do i need wipers?

okay well ripped apart the samurai. Windshield off and everything else and found that my wiper motor was getting power but not woking, so I contacted the bbs and got a new motor. Well I hooked it up today only to find out that sometimes it is getting power and sometimes it is not? Yeah exactly what I thought. Must be the switch so I ripped apart the entire steering wheel column and now I am left with one heck of a mess. So I remember reading a post where someone used a different type of switch for the wipers. If you are out there could you please help me with the wiring info. I can't realy figure out how to get the switch and what not,out. Well any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always. Also does anyone know anything about early 80's yamaha dirt bikes if so I need some help there too. This just isn't my day. Thanks again mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 09:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: do i need wipers?

is there anyone that can help me sorry for just posting so that it goes to the top but i'm lost for ideas right now?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Veteran

I have pulled a couple of steering columns apart. I can tell you that the wiper switch and headlight switch are removed from the column together as an assembly. I believe that most folks just replace the whole assembly when they have a problem. You can find one from someone on this board if you keep asking around. I've never heard anything about a different kind of wiper switch, though. Sorry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2002, 09:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well looks like I need an entire assembly if anyone has one. I would also need the two connectors that are for the wiring harnesses also. So if anyone has an entire system as explained above please pm me, thanks ...mike
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 09:34 AM

mike I have an entire assembly that you need (the signal/lights/wiper assembly),
PM me and lets work out something..

thanks
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 11:04 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I would check all the grounds first , especially at the column and the wiper motor itself. Once the truck starts to lose grounds, strange stuff starts showing up. The wiper motor doesn't even have it's own ground wire, it's grounded through the motor housing and case...
Sarge
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-03-2002, 03:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well I checked all the grounds before I tried the new wire and yeah they were a little bad but the cleaned up fine and are fine. So I am ASSUMING that it is the switch...thanks mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode