SIGN THE PETITION FOR A NEW 4X4 SUZUKI - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

SIGN THE PETITION FOR A NEW 4X4 SUZUKI

Hi Gang!

Some friends and I have put together a petition to ask Suzuki for a 4x4 vehicle that is more geared to our needs as "real" off-roaders.

Here is the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/SuziTech/petition.html

If you want Suzuki to bring back a hard core off-road vehicle with solid axles front and rear and with really heavy duty sized equipment (relative to the size of the vehicle) then you _NEED_ to go sign this petition.

Even if you are not a fan of Suzukis, you NEED to sign this petition. If you want Ford or GM or any other manufacturer to bring back a real off-road vehicle then they have to perceive a market for it!

If Suzuki brings back a Samurai/Sierra style vehicle then maybe the other manufacturers will follow suit. Maybe DaimlerChrysler won't "ruin" the Wrangler with IFS as well. If not, then Suzuki has the market all to itself and can't help but have a successful model. Which means we off-roaders still win!

Please pass the word on to your friends and 'wheeling buddies. We need to get the signature count high in order to make Suzuki Corporate notice us. Also feel free to pass this email on to other mailing lists that I don't know about. We need to get the word out there.

Hopefully in two or three years we will be able to run down to our local Suzuki dealers and buy the truck we want instead of spending the entire winter building it!

Thanks all!

[email protected]
--
http://suzitech.org/~chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 09:51 AM
slam

Re: SIGN THE PETITION FOR A NEW 4X4 SUZUKI

Great petition, Just signed it.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 09:59 AM

ok i signed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 10:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Me to.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:08 AM

<font color=green> just signed it!!!
<font color=red> EVERY ONE SHOULD JUMP ON THIS ONE!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i think you ask TOO much for the price range you are willing to pay... also i think/ would be happy w/ the other production jimmy.. Saying that "we" dont want that isnt going to help.. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH TOOLING A NEW VECHLE WOULD COST?? they are more likely to bring in a "new" Jimmy to the US then they will design a new vechle.
you still ask way to much.. you want to pay less then a Tj and get twice as much.. they are a company they need to make the$$. Also they want bring in the old vechle untill you have 10,000 people WILLING to buy it as soon as they get here.. i mean they pulled out selling 3,500 their last year in the US. Now asking for thing such as the long wheel base would be fine but to go to the extreme you do with your Petition you might as well go buy a hummer!!! or a TJ and build that..(it would be cheaper and it would be wierd for a HEEP to be cheaper than a Sammi) BUT this is my own opinon and i did sign your Petiton
post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:11 AM

Nicely crafted letter.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:23 AM

I will have to say great idea for a petition but I don't know that it will be successful considering the market for what I call yuppie station wagons e.g;Exploders, Exhibitions
etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:28 AM
Old Hand

SIGN IT,SIGN IT,SIGN IT,SIGN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

I understand your points, and where you are coming from with them, but I will counter with a few of my own.

1.) Forget about the new Jimny and the existing Samurai/Sierra. It will NEVER certify in the United States. Not just emmisions but the safety equipment. Also, quite honestly, we (those who wrote the letter) don't want the Jimny for the reasons outlined in the letter. I'd rather have another Sam before I went down the Jimny path.

2.) If the fully optioned out version of what we are asking for is more than a TJ Sahara, so be it. We have to compare apples to apples. I wonder how much the Rubicon will sell for? If Suzuki can't sell the top of the line "Brute" for the same or less than the Rubicon then there is something wrong.

3.) Suzuki needs to go slightly up market with this vehicle - at least the fully optioned out version, it is the correct platform to do it with and it will help the rest of their line. Let those that can't afford the "full" version buy the base and buy the parts to build the top of the line model on their own as money permits, allow those with the money to buy the top of the line write the check and be done with it.

If they can deliver what I've asked for in the ~$30,000 CDN range (same price range as a Sahara here in Canada) I'll sign the check tomorrow.

As far as cost of tooling and whatnot, I might have a tiny little idea about that. But if Suzuki doesn't do something to replace the Samurai/Sierra in its existing foreign markets as well it might be wondering where all the money went in another 5 years. Also, manufacturers have created U.S. specific models before. Look at the predecessor to the WRX, the RS. The onlr eason why the 2 door existed is because the U.S. market was not ready for a 4 door "sports car" at the time.

Also, I realize that everything on that list is a stretch. But if they can even get it close (real axles, a couple of body styles, new drivetrain) then we will have gotten what we really want.

The petition is very much in the "You don't get what you don't ask for" realm.

Thanks for your support.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode