Which is better side kick or zuk tranny - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Which is better side kick or zuk tranny

I'm getting a 1.6 8v complete with 80/k on it and i can get the tranny for 100.00 thats bolted to it. Should i get the tranny or stay with the zuk tranny. which is better. I know if i stay with the zuk i have to re drill and use j-hooks on the tranny or buy the adapter plate. how strong is the side kick tranny

[b] <font color=blue>IF YOU CAN'T STOP DUCK AS YOU GO UNDER [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]http://www.GAZuks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which is better side kick or zuk tranny

I have driven a friends of mine zuk that has sidekicks engine and tran in it and it seemed to have more power. If you can get the transfer case to you will like it. If it is a automatic one(have good gears in the transfer case

88.5 /225.75.15/3inch shackels/2 inch body lift/cust f/r bumpers/
Here are some pic om zook
http://photos.yahoo.com/nate691023
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 28-702838-a4bbccd1.jpeg (62.5 KB, 4 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:31 PM
graydiger

hey nate691023, Thats not your middle finger in your picture? If it is you must be stuck.

Early '88 Locked front & rear, lifted, Gr2 case, Winch & bumper. Now it's, I owe I owe so it's off to work I go...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, i just read (spelling?) Lilzeus' webpage (this guy knows what he's doin, and he knows how to explain it!) and hes usin a tranny from a 95 that came out of a 2wd... but im guessin that the tranny your talkin bout is neither of the two... but it is bigger... and he said it was a good fit.

check his site, its a great site

http://www.lilzeus.net/tech.html

Put on your seatbelt... I wanna try something.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 07:00 AM

GA_ZUKI,
I don't know which tranny is actually "better", but I do know that if you are going to use the tracker/kick tranny you will need a 2" body lift for the tranny tunnel to accept the tracker/kick tranny. Also, you cannot use the transmision from a 4x4 sidekick/tracker because the transfer case and transmission are married. You will need to find a 2 wheel drice kick/tracker and get the tranny from it. Some of the other guys on here might know more about it than I do but I think the reason the adapter plate for the Zuk tranny is so popular is because it is a lot less hassle.

Brad Green
Toccoa, GA
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 07:57 AM

Hey Charles,

If you don't want the transmission, let me know, maybe I can use it.

Later,
James

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 08:34 AM Thread Starter

I have a 3" body lift, SPOA and its a 2wd 2dr. i can get the tranny for cheaper and the side kick motor mounts too. should i use the kick radiator or will the zuk work remember i'm in HOTLANTA GA

[b] <font color=blue>IF YOU CAN'T STOP DUCK AS YOU GO UNDER [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]http://www.GAZuks.com
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 09:26 AM
Can't Get Enough

You will have to shorten the intermediate shaft and do some fabricating for the rear mount to use the 2wd 1.6 transmission because it is longer. You'll need to cut a hole in your tunnel for the shifter about half way between the normal location and your tcase shifter.

I don't know which is BETTER, but using the Samurai transmission is definitely EASIER. I used the 2wd transmission because it was like NEW and came with my motor.

I got the 1.6 radiator with my motor, but I used the Samurai radiator. I'll find out if it will keep it cool this summer.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:04 AM

I would be interested in the tranny & xfer case if you decide not to use it.

Hakuna Matata!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:51 AM

I say get the kick tranny. I have a donor tracker 2wd and when my spring break roles around I'm putting the efi 1.6L and tracker tranny into my zuke. It sounds like you have most of the complicated stuff out of the way. I personally think that the kick /tracker tranny is going to be better, sinse it's bigger. Bigger means heavier, which means stonger, or at least that's what I think. Hope this helps, -Drew

86 Sami, SPOA, running 31's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode