Need Pony Carb - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Pony Carb

To all the guys that sell pony carbs in the bbs, i wll be needinf one next week, so how every has the best price and better carb. get to sell me a carb.

So if you have one laying around, that needs a new home. email me are send me PM

88.5 /225.75.15/3inch shackels/2 inch body lift/cust f/r bumpers/
Here are some pic om zook
http://photos.yahoo.com/nate691023
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 28-702825-83eec882.jpeg (62.1 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need Pony Carb

I just bought a kit from tazuk88 here on the board. It is great,I got everything I needed in the kit(even the CHOKE CABLE). It was a very clean carb. He even let me bother him to helped me with the install. I would definately recommend buying one from him.

Ty Taylor
87' Hardtop
87' Drop Top
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 10:09 PM

I bought my from Dannyl almost a year ago for $100. The price included a rebuild kit which I havent needed yet. I dont know if he is still in the pony business, but if he is I would recommend him.

88 suzuki, 2 inch shackles, 235 mud tires, custom F/R bumpers, Pony carb, lotsa dreams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 10:29 PM

Nate ( and others) are these pony carbs 1bbl, or 2 bbl? I've been seeing these 'pony carb' posts since I came on the board, and while I understand that you didnt get the Hyundai Pony in the US, I cant believe there's not a US model car that uses the same ( or a crossover) MITSUBISHI engine!! my import crossover manual only goes back to '80 ( excel model), but I show the Hyundais sharing the engine series with the Dodge Colt, Sapporro, Arrow, Conquest, and the Mitsubishi Gallant, Cordia, and Tredia. Seeing as Hyundai made a big thing a couple of years back about finally making their own motors, I'd say its a reasonable guess that the older pony model, whether its a 1bbl or a 2bbl should cross over to some US spec chrysler/mitsu model?

if you (or someone) can fill me in on the type/model, I'll see what I can find in my chrsyler/mitsu manuals - even if it just means you can get rebuild kits over the counter in the US, it'd make life easier for you guys.

Chris

91 Niva 'Cossack', MB 240D, 4 speed auto, ~88:1 low, 30x9's, coil sprung, 830 RTI.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 10:53 PM

wanderer4x4

Its a 2br maunul choke carb , when i bought mine i did somesearching and what the deal is the motor thats in the pony wasnt sold in the us . but there other carbs that well work like the toyota carb . I too would like to have alist of what all carbs bolt up to the intake just for nowlege info .

I have give up on carbs thats why im going fuel injection .

<font color=red>And yes if you dont no it buy now i cant spell LOL!</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:01 PM

damn ponys, there every where here...........i can get carbs everywhere........if you want to pay the shipping i might be able to sell them

Zuki-Fest.......Nova Scotia, Canada, june 28-29-30......more info:
http://www.angelfire.com/ns2/bushwhackers/events.htm
"Anything a JEEP can do, a ZUKI can do better"
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 10:50 PM

There ya go Nathan, Now ya got a couple to chooze from !

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] <font color=green>Canadian Eh ! </font color=green>

http://www3.telus.net/tazuki
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-01-2002, 11:01 PM

I'm part way through trying to track down an actual US couterpart. So far it looks like the block ( mitsubishi G12B / 4G12) was used in pony's, and in the US 'Champ ( 80-83), and colt 140( 80-84). unfortunately, my crossover manuals are all for Euro spec stuff, and only go back as far as 1980 ( got them for sourcing parts for the Niva) so I'm having to do a lot of legwork to find the US crossovers. as of this moment, it looks like the carbs in the 48 states versions of the cars I mentioned are the same 'type', but came later in the series: they incorporate automatic chokes, and at least 2 extra vacuum ports ( 1 looks like it was for a dual diaphragm distributor setup, and the other looks like it was for some sort of high rpm emission control device) - I'm still working on the exact specs for the carbs though, trying to verify that they were, in fact, the same internals.

the 'footprint' on the carbs is the large metric standard 95mm x 45mm...same as the Niva: Dparker, you wanted a crossover list: heres a start for you, these are carbs I've personaly run on the 1.6 Niva as bolt on swaps.

Fiat/Webers - all from the DOHC 24 cylinder, 73-81 ( Weber DGV, DFAV, ADHA)
65-73 MB 230, 250, 280, & BMW 525, 528 - Zenith INAT 2bbl, vac secondary.
Ford 2.3 ( EG, 70's 4 cyl mustangs) Holley/Autolite 5200

The Zeniths were by far the smoothest carbs, but they're a PITA to tune...The Holley 5200's are common, easy to get parts for, and the easiest to tune: I also found them to be the best cold weather carbs, but thats probably not an issue for most guys 8^D

Chris

91 Niva 'Cossack', MB 240D, 4 speed auto, ~88:1 low, 30x9's, coil sprung, 830 RTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode