Center console - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 04:33 PM
shoezuki

Center console

Well, zukboys finally dropped the price down to a reasonable level on thier center console, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...643779&r=0&t=0 I bought one a t 69.00 and thought it is pretty nice. It doesn't hold coffee cups with handles very well, but the styrofoam cups fit great. Too bad it doesn't have an arm rest, and the fact that you can't lock stuff up in it is a drawback too. Maybe one of you who has welding talent can make a metal water tight box that that replaces the glovebox, you then can store your stuff securely and not have to worry about taking up precious room. Just a thought...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 04:37 PM
Veteran

Re: Center console

I still have reservations about that thing because of the shallow trays. When you hit a bump, isn't everything in the trays going to jump out and go all over the place? Not trying to rain on your parade, but....

-Surly Early [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] <font color=blue>'88 Samurai - Built not Bought - 99% Duct Tape free!</font color=blue>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 04:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought one of the proto-type ones back in August. Never had a problem with items falling out of it but not all types of cups will fit it snug. All in all I like it a lot. oh, and as a golden rule of mine...never ever leave something in the Suzuki that is not replaceable or has a high value. Thats something I have learned over the many years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 04:58 PM
shoezuki

No parade here MrSurly, just info that is all. I just wanted something that I could put my coffee down into when I needed both hands on the wheel, and it fills the bill, (not the floorboard-with coffee [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] } I am not endorsing the product; it's no Tuffy console, but it wasn't meant to compete with it either. It serves my purpose and thought that someone might want to have the same. There are some improvements that I had recommended that they make to it, and one of them was to lower the price, so I thought I would share the info.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 05:06 PM
Veteran

Point taken. It's just that I had posted the same question the last time this thread was started, and no one answered it. My Zuk rides real stiff, and the bumps are so hard that sometimes I leave the seat! If you just need a cupholder, you can get them for .99 .
Just my .02

-Surly Early [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img] <font color=blue>'88 Samurai - Built not Bought - 99% Duct Tape free!</font color=blue>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 05:18 PM
shoezuki

Vey true indeed!!! If I think about it I bought a $69.00 cup/sunglass holder with a little sticker that tells me how to shift into 4WD...LOL!

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:59 PM

how about an overhead console with a 30 cal ammo can in it also holds a cb real nice but only fits soft top and will push up on the top some or hang down some your choice mounts to the overhead bars so if some one realy wanted it they could stoll get it out if they can get those dam bolts loose

we are holding your life hostage if you ever want to see it again send me $1,000,000 in small unmarked bills
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 10:57 AM

Traildust surplus here in Indiana has a good selection of ammo cans in their back room.
6 or 7 different kinds...
Some .50 cal cans are even hinged on the back instead of havibg the dual clamping handles.
I am gonna pick up some to bolt down in my zook this summer...I'm even gonna add locks to them.
Some of you welders could modify some of these boxes to mount on the wheel wells too.
Johnny C

88 spoa'd sammie flattie(for now)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 12:02 PM

I've got a 50 cal can with the hinged lid and hasp lock bolted between my front seats, makes a nice little arm rest, perfect size for cd jewel cases too. Now all I need is that $0.69 cup holder and I should be set!

<font color=green>Mort-Man</font color=green>
1985 SuKuZi SJ410
1990 FORD F-150
post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 02:16 PM

I have actually bought some .30 cal some .50 cal and 20 mm the .30 cal are the only ones small enough to use on a overhead console plus the doors come off the 20mm one is going to be a tool box some day need to build deviders for it and a mounting bracket my spare tire will be on one side in the back the tool box / ammo can on the other since it is water tight it can be out side and the bracket will keep it mounted and closed so it stays where I put it the 20 mm can is about 12x24x20 or so

we are holding your life hostage if you ever want to see it again send me $1,000,000 in small unmarked bills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode