new tow rig? keep yer fingers crossed!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

new tow rig? keep yer fingers crossed!!!

well, as some of yins know, mees been huntin me a newer tow rig, x-cab or 4door/diesel is the requirement, well, lil birdy told me bouts one yesterday, going to look at her today. if she checks out its mine.
1997 dodge cummins turbo diesel/5speed
cloth interior with leather captians seats installed up front
x-cab, only 2 door, not quad door
has ""good"" rubber on rear, n he thinks 1 new shoe up front
no bed, hes keeping the one on it (not a prob)
been hit up front, needs hood, fenders grille but its a drive home truck, hes been using it, put approx 10K on it he says
172,000 miles on it when advertised, approx 182-185 now
will know more adderawhile.
get this though, $6,500.oo
needless to say, im pretty tore up over it. gonna end up going 6-8 hours this evening into a different time zone for petes sake to look at a truck. oh well, what we do for things we want huh?
BiLLy bOb

Head chef for izook events
Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:28 AM

Re: new tow rig? keep yer fingers crossed!!!

Hello BB,

Long time no see. I've been window shopping for a new (used) tow truck also. I test drove a brand new Dodge diesel and I couldn't believe the noise inside the truck, even with the windows rolled up. Are all the Dodge diesels that loud? For comparison, I also test drove a new chevy diesel and Ford diesel and they were a lot quieter. But I know that a new truck is not in the cards. Can anyone comment on the reliability of the Ford and Dodge V10 engines? My "dream machine" would be an F250, diesel, quad cab, longbed 4X4 with a manual transmission.

Later,
James

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 07:52 AM

james
sounds like you need to buy my f-350 crewcab diesel . ask bb sharp truck! I have to move it . 7500$ first come first serve

<font color=red>And yes if you dont no it buy now i cant spell LOL!</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

james, i agree, a cummins diesel in dodges have to be the loudest, rattliest motors i have ever heard. shoot, when i scattered my 351 at 5K racing a camaro, it didnt make that kind of noise. chevy n ford diesels are definately quieter. my 91 isnt that bad inside but its not intercooled either. just turbo'ed. its for sale if ya might be interested in it, got a grill n windsheild in it finally and 4 ""NEW"" tires on the rear, new wheel bearings front n back, and new brakes all the way around. yes, i will verify doug too, his ford is BEAUTIFUL!!! make a hellova tow rig. id prolly had it but couldnt swing the funds for it. pullin lots of strings for what im getting right now for the dodge. talk bout tough, havin to use my pistols for collateral. sheewwww, gonna stink having to pack a .25 now instead of a glock .40.... oh well. ill get em back in several months.
BiLLy bOb

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 10:43 AM

I absolutely love my 2000 Ford F250 Crew Cab with the V10. $4K less than a diesel to buy upfront, $25 oil changes and sounds like a hot rod instead of a cattle or gravel hauler. It drives me crazy when in town with the window down waiting at a light next to any of the diesels.

IF I were using it as a work truck and hauling horses or cattle or equipment everyday, then diesel would be right on. For a daily driver, family truck, camper dragger and ski road climber, I'll never switch to oil burners.

I am expecting to have a small "accident" this spring and maybe end up with damage to the muffler... I want more flow and twin tailpipes!

Hakuna Matata!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 11:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

billy bob,
i might be interesed in your 92 Pm me on details.
levi

Levi Lanning
94 sidekick in ohio with me
1.6 16v 4 door
86 Sammi tin top at home in alaska
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 06:31 PM

I was just going to put 4.56 gears in my 4cyl Chevy S10 and use that to tow the zuk, and I actually have mountians to climb in CA,.......I think I need a bigger truck.

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 10:59 PM

BB- hun i am crossin my fingers for you! I sure hope that rig ends up in your yard if ya want it. Puttin up the pistols fer it??!!!! I got something fer ya to carry if you aren't able to deal with the lightweight .25...
Love you
Rae

86 SAMMY
33"BFG MTA'S, YJ rear, 3"rears up front, w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header...HUSBAND BUILT AND WIFE DRIVEN...
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 02:49 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

whelp, 3:45 am, just got in, no go on it. was told on phone it needed 2 fenders, hood n grill, well, they forgot to mention that every dam body panel needed worked n would require a complete paint job. open the hood, motor is covered with oil, no air box on it n he was telling me how nice the truck was because he had put close to 10K on it. yup, i bet i really go for a truck in that shape. nope, get my pistols back tamaree if i actually get out of the bed. 800 miles round trip waisted. oh well, live n learn.

super, will pm ya tamaree.
BiLLy bOb

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2002, 07:48 AM

sorry it did't work out for you BB. 800 miles for that mess would have made me use one of those pistols!!

88 Zuk
locked and loaded
http://www.zukin.homestead.com/main.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode