i showed up a jeep today - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 06:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i showed up a jeep today

a very -well built jeep with boggers, 4.56`s ,lockers , 350 chevy engine. he laughed about me going through a very large muddy ravine that he couldn`t make it through. after he backed out of it, i went through it the opposite way he was goin. and he smartly said anyone can go through it that way , so i turned around and pushed my lil sammy right though what he couldn`t make it through. he was with some jeep club from cincinatti ohio. c.o.r.e.-

1986 jeep cherokee 1990 sammy, 36.5`s, 14" total lift
1988 sammy, 1.3 , 32`s
1989 sidekick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 07:04 PM

Re: i showed up a jeep today

Congratulations,
It goes to show that our favorite lil' rig can almost do anything.I just hope that the Jeep owner has learned to respect our choice of vehicles. I went wheeling with a group of Jeeps last night, and virtually everybody who rode with us complimented our stock Zuki for its performance.IT got stuck twice because of the rear bumper but not anywhere as bad as some of the other vehicles. There was a guy in an older full sized S.U.V. that was reluctant to tread where I took the Zuk, so that gained us a little more respect. We have to remember though to get respect for our vehicles that we don't have to knock other peoples' vehicles.

True character does not show by what you do but what you do when no one is around
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 08:57 PM

All of us here in Bedford Indiana show the Jeeps up all the time.Dang near every time we go out and someone joins us we are pulling them out of something before we leave,if not pulling them home.Samurai's rule the woods!

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/countyrecreation
Yes, I am one of the Bedford Boys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 09:21 PM
Addict

Pound for pound its hard to beat the zuk!

2"Shack/rev,Trail T.f/bumper & Bb nurfs,Skyjacker stabe,
Bfg 30X9.5mt/r on 2.5 stars
"CASPER"

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 09:26 PM
I Do This For The Glory

<font color=blue>I just hope that the Jeep owner has learned to respect our choice of vehicles.

We have to remember though to get respect for our vehicles that we don't have to knock other peoples' vehicles.</font color=blue>

VERY good points lilsammy4x4. Sounds like the Jeep owner had a chip on his shoulder, it's always good to knock it off once and awhile. I have driven jeeps for awhile, and there are a lot that have quite an ego, but I find that's true with all vehicles (even Zuks). Still, I hate wheeling with them, and have known a few to actually come around.

JEEPN
Waldoboro, Maine (yes, we're BACK!)
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Slamurai, 7" Lift, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 01:09 AM

Look who is laughing now?! I have never understood the Jeep owner's mentality when it comes to wheeling with a ZUK. Or vice versa for that matter... All too often it isn't how well a truck is BUILT but who is driving that makes all the difference in the world. My little Zuk is put together pretty darn well...Thanks to my husband,Tatzook, but I can get it stuck on a tissue...since I have not been offroading for that long...I suppose that i would be a perfect one to laugh at from a "jeep owners" point of view. I hope i am not giving them all a reason to pick on us...but HEY i am having fun... that is what matters.
Rae Champoux
Trails Editor
IZOOK.COM

86 SAMMY
33"BFG MTA'S, YJ rear, 3"rears up front, w/breeze droplinks, breeze crossover steering & track bar, DT shocks, locked f&R, 4.16 case, weber, header...HUSBAND BUILT AND WIFE DRIVEN...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 04:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

when i was done and we were all standing around with all his jeep club. one of his freinds asked him if that made him mad and he said no because only 3 of his wheels were pulling! his freind said dude that little samurai has open differentials!! not to mention 32`s with stock gears. i never disrespected the guy, i told him i liked his jeep- but i lied.

1986 jeep cherokee 1990 sammy, 36.5`s, 14" total lift
1988 sammy, 1.3 , 32`s
1989 sidekick
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 06:30 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Some people are just too darn hard headed for their own good. He'll think about that when he needs pulled out of something and your the only one around! Remind him then just how "good" his rig is and how "bad" yours is.

1988.5 Silver JX, SPOA, 31x10.50's, Holley carb, snorkle, locked front and rear, One of the Bedford Boy's
"If you smoke after sex, your doing it to fast."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode