could anyone Help with a Dirtbike carb? its a Suzu - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 06:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

could anyone Help with a Dirtbike carb? its a Suzu

K guys, dont know how many of you have worked on dirtbike engines, but im guessing at Least One of the great BBs Contributors should be able to help, if not, any input would be great.

k, my dirtbike has been sittin a while, its a 2 stroke 1978 Pe175, suzuki of course, and i put gas in it today for the first time since the end or maybe earlier than the end of summer... so that would be my first guess as to why the HOSE from the bottom of the carb is leaking gas faster than what it goes into the carb. im guessin the hose is to float or whatever... but its going out, as fast as it goes in.

my guess is that the float valve is gummed since its been sittin for a while, but im not 100% since im not familiar with these old Dirtbikes.... ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED, i know i can count on the suzuki bbs.

sincerely,

Goot

PS, i need to have it fixed by tomorrow, since the NEW owners are coming to pick it up, and i dont think they will ever believe me... man i feel sick [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Put on your seatbelt... I wanna try something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 08:22 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: could anyone Help with a Dirtbike carb? its a Suzu

yep, the float is stuck down. may want to get a kit for it anyway, if it's been sitting that long. have you tried whacking it with a peice of wood? just not too hard!
Sarge

If it aint broke , I can still fix it...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 08:46 PM
clyde_causey

That's not really all that long to set and that hose is a float bowl overflow tube. Just remove the bowl, dump the old fuel out, pull the pivot pin from the float so's you can remove the needle valve. Just blow it out (careful if using compressed air), and assemble. You maybe can do this without completely removing the carb just by loosening the clamps and rotating the carb around enough to get access to the screws that hold the bowl on. You can add a little Berrymans B-12 to the gas to clean things up a mite.

aka "papa"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 09:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

k, thx guys, i knew id get something,
ive tryed hittin the carb (bottom part where the hose comes out) with a screwdriver, but it was really too dark to tell.. im gonna have to wake up BRIGHT and EARLY tomorrow to take a crack at that carb... thx all!

Put on your seatbelt... I wanna try something.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode