Carb - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 12:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Carb

I am trying to produce more power with the equipment I have. I have an 88,with 33 inch tires, welded rear, as you can imagine pulling power, or hill climbing is not at its best. I have a stock carb, is it possible to remove or connect vacum lines or even re-jet the carb for a little more power. I have another post asking about gear reduction also. Any suggestions on how to increase your power without buying something new would be very helpful. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2002, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast

Re: Carb

the pony carb is the cheapest alternative. you wont get all that much out of the stock hitachi and reliability is somewhat questionable.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2002, 05:37 AM
Can't Get Enough

Re: Carb

Welcome to the board, stranger. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
The cheapest route for better performance if you're gonna stay with the stock carb, is the carberator vent tube. According to RockyRoad Outfitters:
"The world's cheapest engine performance mod. This Suzuki factory part was released as a part of a Suzuki Technical Service Bulletin. And we quote, "...Samurais may exhibit a hesitation/flat spot, in any gear, when in acceleration from partial to open throttle." Basically, eliminates the flat spot in carburated Samurais which results in a loss of power. Super easy to install, takes about 5 minutes. The absolute best bang for your buck when it comes to improving your engine's performance.... $11.97" http://www.rocky-road.com/suzuki.html
Keep an eye on ebay, too, Weber carbs come up from time to time, and the Pony carb is also a good swap. Either one will add lots of power. An aftermarket header will give you a boost too.
BTW, I'm running 33's also, but I've added 5.38 diff gears - can crawl over lots of stuff! [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Good luck!

Scott Trester - '88.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode