In response to Glenn Wakefield's comment... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

In response to Glenn Wakefield\'s comment...

Glenn,

What give you the right to state this:

"Do you want safety? Or convenience? Have someone fab you a cage without zig-zags all over it."

Many people have bought the "zig-zag" cage and been VERY happy and safe with it. I have personally watched a Samurai roll at the melt onto this cage and was suprised with how well it held up. So impressed -in fact- that I plan on purchasing one of these cages later on this year.

I personally do not believe that you, as a vendor, have the right to make such a biased comment as this. Do you have proof that this "zig-zag" rollcage is any less safe than ones manufactured elsewhere? Do you have numbers, accident reports, pictures, anything that can validate this statement? No, you don't and it's another case of "Glenn's verbal diarhea" time. Don't you realize that it's this type of behavior that makes people not like your business or you personally?

Yes, I've purchased items from you in the past. And, I've thought long and hard before I made that purchase for many reasons and your ignorant comments is one of those reasons. I've also been happy with your items and I have told people this. I have also told them that I have a hard time purchasing from you because you run your mouth too much and in situations where it's not warranted. One would have thought that you've learned to keep your mouth shut when it comes to competitors products.

If you can show us proof that THIS "Zig-zag" cage is unsafe then I'll give you a public appology here. If you can't then you owe the manufacturers of this cage as well as all the owners of this cage an appology right here.

Bottom line: Put up or shut up!

I watch; I take in and I tell it like I see it. If you have a problem with this then don't read my posts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: In response to Glenn Wakefield\'s comment...

Ok guys......time out.....

Before this gets out of hand and ugly, let's take a step back a moment and consider how to reply and reply to replies.......

Negativity breeds negativity, pure and simple. More often than not, the issues become polarized and folks become alienated. Not a good thing.....
If we can keep this on a more positive note, there will be a better and freer exchange of ideas and opinions. After all, that's why we come here....
I'm not castigating anyone, but if the shoe fits.......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:41 PM
Azrockcrawler

The fewer bends the better, I would have thought this was common knowledge by now.

Chris Villarreal
http://www.azrockcrawler.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OK....on to the meat and potatos as I see it.....Keep in mind that I'm not an expert.......

A straight section of pipe will be stronger than one with a bend or bends in it. I don't think that anyone will argue that point. The real question is if the tube with bends compromises the structural integrity in REAL life. Probably not when you consider a 2100 pound vehicle. I'm sure somewhere there are facts and figures regarding strength loss with "x" radius bends vs. straight tube. I really doudt that Petroworks or any other cage mfg. or vendor has this data available or has done the extensive (and expensive) testing to compare their cage vs. the others that are available.
In my opinion, any cage, if assembled correctly, will be better than no cage at all.......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:52 PM
mikrosilakhan

Hmm you mean youve never ever seen any manufacter say there product was better than somones else?? haha

<a href=http://geocities.com/samuraislam/>Suzuki Asylum</a> in the works
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Just an idea.......

Maybe we can get Consumer Reports to do a test for us.....?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I think the point of the comment was to stop bashing other vendors products.
This is not the place for one vendor to slash another vendors tires.....
Enough said!

DannyL

Click here for My Site!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:59 PM
mikrosilakhan

Hmm you mean youve never ever seen any manufacter say there product was better than somones else?? haha

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 11:00 PM
mikrosilakhan

oops hit refresh sorry

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 11:13 PM
Old Hand

can someone show me this zig zag cage?
or a link.....

Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode