swift 8v block - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

swift 8v block

If I understand it it is the same as the sammy block other than it has a different nose on the water pump (fits serpintine belt) THIS IS NOT A 16 VALVE BLOCK thinking of using it insted since it is in better shape than my other block

we are holding your life hostage if you ever want to see it again send me $1,000,000 in small unmarked bills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: swift 8v block

What are the numbers on that block? How is the oil pan oriented?
Sarge

If it aint broke , I can still fix it...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

it is a 1298 cc and the pan is different slightly kind of lopsided dont plan on using the pan or the pickup tube from it plan on using the sammy ones

we are holding your life hostage if you ever want to see it again send me $1,000,000 in small unmarked bills
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 10:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

If you plan on using the Sami pan, you'll have to grind off one corner on the second mount of the pickup tube, so it clears the crank journal. Also, it needs to be bent slightly to clear the rest of the rotating mass...
Sarge

If it aint broke , I can still fix it...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:12 AM
weirdwillie

I recently finished putting a swift 8v engine (1992) into my Sami. It was very simple. Everything is bolt on from the Sami engine (I have a 1988 Sami). The following is a list of everything I had to swap over from the Sami engine to the Swift engine:
1) Camshaft (so you can run the Sami 90 degree distributor)
1a) Distributor
2) Alternator (my swift engine didn't come with this)
3) Water pump (so I could use the V belt that was needed for the Sami alternator)
4) Crankshaft pulley (so I could use the V belt for the alternator)
5) Oil pan and pickup tube
6) Intake and exhaust manifolds
7) Flywheel + clutch (my Swift engine was an automatic)
8) Starter (my Swift engine didn't come with one)
9) Head cover (you could probably stick w/ the Swift one if you wanted)
10) Fuel pump (my Swift engine head had an access port that allowed use of the mechanical fuel pump. I think '94 or '95 and newer Swift engines don't have the access port).
11) Engine mounts

There are probably a few little things I forgot. The only other thing I noticed was that there is an oil baffle in the head of the Swift engine that is higher than in the Sami engine. The baffle is on the exhaust valve side. It is higher since the Swift engine is put in at an angle in FWD applications and the extra height is needed to keep oil in contact with the cam. I'm not sure if it is really necessary, but I ground down the baffle in one place to help oil flow down the exhaust valve side drain holes.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

plan on using the sammy pickup tube because I know it fits properly and is in the right location it is not worth it to me to have something simple cause problems when I have the corect parts just sitting there I blew the head gasket on my other motor so I am planing on building a performanace motot using this block since the other block would need to be bored it is at the limit of its specks and the swift block is like new ( can still see the honing marks in the bore)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode