Attention: People That Ride Trails in Clayton Ok - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Attention: People That Ride Trails in Clayton Ok

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Received: 2/18/02 10:50 AM
dparker, could you put this on some of the boards with people who frequent Clayton. Suzuki, short-wheelbase Jeep, etc. It needs to get out there.
ORIGINALLY POSTED ON PBB GENERAL TECH BOARD:
Land Closure-Clayton, OK
Private land...just wanted to say that up front

OK, here is the deal as I have it second hand:

This weekend there was a group from Dallas FWD-FWD running the "K" trail on the WMA land south-east of town.

They ran into the game warden who was extremely nice, but offered some information on trail closings.

All access through Hurd Creek trail (charcoal plant) has been closed until further notice.

Seems there was a group that mouthed off to the land owners who have let us use this land for years and they pulled the plug.

FWD-FWD has a ton of clout and they have been notified to try to come to an agreement with these land owners.

The trails effected are:

Upper Powerline
3 Stage
Rock Creek
Lost Creek
St Valentine
Hurd Creek
Timberline
Purple Headed Monster

PLEASE! Until this issue has been resolved, STAY OFF THESE AREAS!

This can and will be resolved I am sure. Clayton gets a TON of revenue each year from the 4x4 community and will work with us to make this issue go away.

Please pass this to your club members that use the Clayton area.

I will keep you informed of any developments as I hear them.

Nolen Grogan TLCA #8121
Kate '77 FJ-40, 2F, SM465, Atlas II, 4.88's, Saginaw, D60/9" Hybrid Front, RC D60 Rear, Rock Ram, 38.5 x 14.50" Swamper SX's on Beadlocks, 100" wheelbase
Wilbur '71 FJ-55 Bone Stock
My Cruiser Website
Proud American

<hr></blockquote>

<font color=red>And yes if you dont no it buy now i cant spell LOL!</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 03:05 PM

Re: Attention: People That Ride Trails in Clayton Ok

People use your heads - riding in this area is a Priveledge not a "Right". Please don't screw it up for the rest of us. I know you probably wouldn't do it, but I guarantee somebody you know might so pass the word!

OILBURNER [email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 03:28 PM
mike shannon

i know of the guy that called this all in. his name is jess and he owns indian mounds campgrounds. stay the heck away from these campgrounds. he has ripped me off and screwed my family over last january. he is all about the money. if you all have been in by the charcole plant in the last year and a half, you had to go over two ditches that were dug by him trying to force everyone to pay him 3 dollars a rig to go through his gate. to get to land thats not his. he is just a greedy sob. mike

zuks and toys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Sounds Like A Real S.O.B.

<font color=red>And yes if you dont no it buy now i cant spell LOL!</font color=red>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-18-2002, 08:17 PM
clyde_causey

So let me ask you this. If we go through Indian mounds and pay this guy Jess 3 bucks or whatever, does this give us access to all the aforementioned areas? I guess if the G/warden stopped me I could tell him Jess says it's ok? Whaddya think?

aka "papa"
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 07:52 AM
mike shannon

well i am finding out more and more, i have a friend that has been doing some calling and it may well be resolved by this weekend. we are all still heading there friday. staying at clayton lake state camp gounds. mike

zuks and toys
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2002, 09:08 AM

There are different ways to get to these trails via Clayton trail and Wildwood. That ditch has been there for two years now and was placed by the seller of that land. I haven't been there in a while but there were no posted signs at that time but that doesn't mean that it is always okay.
I don't see offroading going away from Clayton but a bad apple can get some trails closed down

Marc Haught
[email protected]
www.serioussami.rockcrawler.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode