FS: 1978 Brat - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Subaru All Disccussion of all topics on Subaru AWD and 4WD vehicles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-11-2001, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

FS: 1978 Brat

This is a Gen I Brat that I have had for a few years. It has 165,000 on the body and 120,000 on the motor (which has been in the family since 1979). For more in depth info check out the site below. I am asking $1000 obo for it.

<a href=http://members.home.net/jlavalleur/brat4sale>Brat 4 Sale</a>

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
T-14 3-speed, D18 XC, Warn OD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-13-2001, 11:28 AM
SteelyDel

Re: FS: 1978 Brat

USMB regular?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2001, 11:19 PM Thread Starter

I was for a long time and only recently been going there more often...I was at the first ever Northwest Subaru Enthiseest (I know that spelling isn't right) Club meet...If I remeber correctly there was a White wagon there with one of your brushguards on it...

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 12:05 AM
SteelyDel

I think I remember the name Ulfinator back when there were 3 or 4 message boards before the USMB. Nice to see you here.
The white Wagon must've been REOFF's rig if I'm not mistaken. Why sell the Brat?
Were you in the rally race at the 1st NWSE meet?
Later Dude
Del

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Yeah REOFF sounds right for the white rig. Yes I was in the first rally race. Honestly I have two vehicles and the Jeep is more worth putting money into that the Brat. I have put more than $1500 into the Brat and when I listed it for $1300 everybody basically told me I was crazy. If I put $5000 into the jeep i could actually get it back. Besides I owe my parents money so I need to sell one....

Josh Lavalleur
'70 CJ5 4.3L V6
D27 & D44 axles
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-18-2001, 11:36 PM
SteelyDel

I understand what you are saying about any tricks you put in a Subaru the resale value is seem still the same. Unless the buyer is also a Subaru lover. But still they haggle $.25 out of you. Don't get me wrong, I've owned 13 different Subarus in the past and loved them besides my other cars. They are "loyal" I'd say, just like the VW Beetle. The newer Soobs, I just can't fix them so I DON"T LIKE THEM. I can't even fix my wife's Caravan, whatever happened to conventional vehicles???? I see new cars broke down along the side of the freeway and I just smile.
Because:
My Brat is paid, cheap on insurance, gas saver, gets me from A To Z not just B&C, it matter less to me if someone scrathed it, gets me unstuck anywhere(almost all the time), and if it breaks down I can at least know what is wrong with it and maybe fix it, low maintenance and the smog guys can't fool me, I thought all these while I passed the guy who own the stuck SUV on the freeway.
Anyway that's a bummer dude! Well,you live in the NW there's a bunch of Subarus up there, you'll find one soon.
Down here in So. Cal I see Brats once in a blue moon.
DEL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode