buying a new sled - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 08:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

buying a new sled

Hi everyone I was wondering what kind of sled I should buy for around $3200. I want to get a 97 yamaha sx600 or a 97 mxz600 or 700. I have a 94 v-max 600 now and i want to sell it and save money to buy oneof these sleds. Can anyone share their experiences with these sleds and tell me which one is a better sled. Also my v-max gets like 7mpg and i want a sled that gets atleast 12 because its not even fun having to fill up every 50 miles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 09:32 PM
portgrinder

Re: buying a new sled

firstof all in 1997, they made only an mxz583 and the 670 was a late realese that year. I would recommend skidoo, either the 583 or 670 are great sleds and will destroy a yama600. some people beleive the 670 makes more power than the new 700! the only problem with these motors is that you don't ever want to park them on a downward slope or they will flood because of the rotary valves. If you're close to alberta come up here there's sleds for sale everywhere, we still have NO, yes NO snow.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 09:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If you want gas milage try to find a three cylinder Yami, it will out run most all sled milage wise. With some good tunning it will hold its own against other brands. maxdlx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 12:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

1996 was the 1st year MXZ 583 and then they had the late release MXZ 670 that same year.96 MXZs have a 9gal gas tanks vs the 97 10.6gal.

As for MPG either the 583,670 and SX700 will be great 12-14mpg.The 97Vmax or SX 600 will get 10-12mpg.

All those sleds are great choices.Good luck on your buy:-)

Punch Da Throttle and ROOST!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 05:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have been putting a lot of time on a 98 Formula Deluxe 583, and a Formula Z 670. Both are excellent machines. The only real issue I have is the the 98 Form Z, maybe other years ran the ARM suspension, which sucks in the bumps. Power is great though.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 09:11 PM
oultman

If I had your choice i would look into the Yamaha's. My friend has a 97 SX 700 triple, and it is a nice machine. It is really fast and a real good trail machine. The 700's are better on gas that the 600 so if you have the chance get a 700 triple. I have been looking at an SX myself. My cousin has a 98 MXZ 583 and it is also a nice machine, but harder on gas, it fishtails on the track and it plain just doesn't look as nice as the SX, but either choice would be a good one. Good luck

Ride Hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode