AIR LOCK! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 11:54 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

AIR LOCK!

What is the best way bleed the system? I have heard conflicting views. Raise the rear end or raise the front end? The sled had the heat exchanger repaired on the left side foot rail on 97 XLT by the way. It over heats must be air in there? Temp light comes on. Dealer said to raise front end and run with cap off a manual said to rasie rear? Anybody know?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 01:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AIR LOCK!

I've always raised the front up. It only makes sence that the air would rise up right? I just take it out and park it on a snow bank and let it run with the cap off. I'm not sure you even need to take the cap off because of the over flow tube, but do it anyway. If the book says to raise the back, do that too. Let it sit at both positions for about 5 min. The air could be in a funny spot, and might need a little bit of movement to get it out. Are you able to drive it? take it around a bumpy trail a few times.... (don't over heat your engine) but hit a few jumps and it might free it up. If that doesn't work, then it might be something other then an air lock.

Hope this helps, [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AIR LOCK!

I've had liquid cooled Polaris sleds for several years. I've tried several methods. I found tipping them up on their sides also helps. The coolers are designed so the water flows in the cooler then back it's length and up to the front again. Because of this the best bet is to work it back and forth, left and right, up and down on rpm. They don't move much water at an idle. Keep going until you can pinch a hose and feel the water flowing or feel the coolers getting warm.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode