Heelclicker cluth kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 07:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Heelclicker cluth kit

I am very interested in trying the heelclicker clutch kit. I was wondering if anyone is running this clutch kit, and if so does it work as well as it sounds.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 12:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Heelclicker cluth kit

I am running this setup in a '93 XLT with great results. Seat of the pants feel is that it pulls WAY harder from low end to midrange, with the same top speed as stock weights. The addition of an SLP Black secondary spring made it all even better. I only have two issues with the weights. First is that you cannot use any of the weight rivets in the tips or middle if you have an older Polaris narrow roller clutch. Second is that when trying to install the rivets it's easy to break a weight. Super Torquer has fixed problem #2 with the addition of a weight changing system that doesn't use the rivets, but they still won't clear the spider on the narrow roller clutch. The midrange hit on these things is incredible.

http://www.mtaonline.net/~mhbs/Moore...owmobile1.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 05:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Heelclicker clutch kit

Sounds like the heelclicker kit is the way to go. I'm running a 97 ultra sp with slp pipes and using the recommended set up from slp for clutching. I think the sled is not performing as well as it could from low to mid range and was hoping the heelclicker kit would improve this. Would I have a clearance problem as well between the weight and spider?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:52 AM
Matt M38A1

Yes you likely would, polaris has been using the same general P-85 design for a long time. Frank XLT may be able to tell you better about newer ones, but my 96 ultra has the same as my 90 650. I now have a 00 comet 108 EXP, and the rollers are nearly twice the size.

Is your problem a noticable bog or hesitation down low?

Have you had the carbs synched recently, if so how'd they do it?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 04:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The sled works really well with no bogging or hesitation at all. I just find a lot of belt dust laying on the belly and air box. I have also noticed slippage on the belt as it has sometimes pulled the string out of the center of the belt. I installed a torque arm and it seemed to help. I tried the sled on grass one summer figuring it would pull like a rocket and at would barely lift the skis. I tore a belt apart at that time too. This is why I was thinking on getting the heelclicker weights, and when you hear about how well they improve a sled then ya gotta have it.

Matt how do you like your 96 Ultra?

Frankenstein XLT thanks for your help too, I went to your web site and it looks like you have quite a sled as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode