IDLE WHEEL - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 10:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

IDLE WHEEL

I have a 2001 MXZ and the rear left side idle wheel has fallen off three times in 350 miles... The dealer said Ski-Doo will not warranty it anymore...(That was after they did the first two times!!! I have already placed a call to them) I was wondering if there has been any similar problems with the MXZ or any Ski-Doo? Or if you have any Idea's that could help at all please reply...
Thx

Brian_MXZ

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 05:32 PM
oultman

Re: IDLE WHEEL

Hey Brian, i was just wondering who put the idler wheel on, you, or a dealer, because if they put it on, i would be sure to make them take the responsibility and solve the problem, because afterall with a 2001 you shouldn't ahve to worry about anything but gas

ride hard
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2001, 06:42 PM

Use blue loctite on the bolt. That will keep it on there for you.

"Sled till you're dead"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 10:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Brian.
I had less than 30 km's on my '99 MXZ 670 HO, and I hit this killer jump, and landed hard on the rear left, Knocked the idler right off... The wheel pulled right off the bearing, I wondered if the snap ring was installed properly, apperantly this has been a problem. I also wondered why there was only three rear idlers. I complained to my dealer and he supplied the parts necessary to install the "Missing" wheel, so that I have four rear idlers like all the rest of 'em. I also opted to install aluminum outside idlers (I paid for them)... That will solve the problem. Anyway, I don't know how cooperative your dealer is going to be... most of them suck!!
Anyway, Good luck.

PS I now have well over 1700km's on it and haven't had anymore problems.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 07:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 90 and the rear idle wheel keeps coming off the bearing, Still can't figure it out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode