Indy Storm - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 03:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Indy Storm

I have a 94 Polaris Indy Storm 800 and recently wore through a set of brake shoes. Is there a way to replace the shoes and not have to drain the coolant? -Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 04:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Indy Storm

I ride the same machine; to replace the pads remove the two 1/2" bolts in the top of the chaincase. These hold in place a "u" shaped bracket which the caliper floats on as well as the pads. The pads can now be "fished" out and new ones inserted. A couple of things to watch: if it has had the upgrade done there will be two clips under the bolts which were installed to keep the coolant bottle from pushing on the caliper when the machine gets hot, make sure you get them back in the original position. Also the pads ride on a couple of shims which are wraped around the forks of the "u" bracket I think your new pads will have new ones.. reguardless make sure you get them back in place. When you buy you pads ask for the severe service ones they have almost double the surface area of standard ones and by the way they are the pads used on the 97 700s as a update to fix the short life problem they had. I also lighly lubed the shims where the pads and caliper ride with a silicone grease you can get at NAPA, I think it's called Silube? It's a Balkamp product and comes in a blue and white tube. You may have to do a little prying to get it apart but you shouldn't have to drain the coolant.
Good Luck

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 04:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Indy Storm

Thanks for the info.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode