MXZ 700 Fuel Mileage - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 08:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

MXZ 700 Fuel Mileage

Just traded a 670 for a new 700 and the fuel mileage has been worse(6-8 mpg vs 10-12 mpg) if you can believe it! Thought maybe it was the break-in or something (I hope) but was wondering what others were getting from their 700's

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 09:15 PM
oultman

Re: MXZ 700 Fuel Mileage

i feel for ya man, i am in the same situation with my cat, and gas prices here are sky high, its forcing me to trade machines. Good Luck

ride hard
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-18-2001, 10:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Bum trade man!!! hehe jk I have a '99 MXZ 670 HO, and I am getting better mileage than the guys running AC 500 EFI's. Although I am getting the same as My buddy who has a '01 MXZ 700. (He already lost a piston at 350km). And I can almost beat him on the lake... I just need studs.

Any way, you should look into it.. because I am getting excellent mileage.. so is my buddy's 700.
If I were you I would make sure yours was treated for the recall so that you don't lose a piston like my friend.
If your sled is idling high I wouldn't run it, and take to the dealer.

Anyway, take care.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-19-2001, 09:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

HO_TRAIN what is the recall for? I have a friend who has an '01 mxz 700, he doesn't get good gas milage either, and it uses twice as much oil as my 700 triple which buy the way gets 15 mpg.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 06:17 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

There is two recalls... One is for spurratic shifting on the secondary clutch.. I guess its no big deal really, But it is noticeable... The other recall is on the Carburators.. I guess somehow during manufacturing, there is some silicon or piece of gasket or something that gets in the carburator, after sometime I guess it makes its way into the jetting, and your machine runs extremely lean, and burns out a piston. I think its the left side, but I could be wrong. Something I noticed about my buddies before it blew up is that it idled really really high. like around or above 2000 RPM. I dont know if that had something to do with the recall.. but now that he got it back it idles properly.. Your friend should definately call his dealer and find out if his was "fixed" before he picked it up.

Anyway, talk to you later.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2001, 08:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info, I do know the dealer changed the spring in the secondary before he picked it up but this gasket thing is a new one we'll have to check into.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode