1997 Yamaha SX 600 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 01:23 PM
oultman

1997 Yamaha SX 600

i'd like to thank everyone for my other post, but i have anohter question. I have found a 1997 SX 600, but it is a twin. I was woundering if i should go to the 700 for the triple. I would like to know which one would be better on gas

ride hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 03:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1997 Yamaha SX 600

The 700 is better on gas but you can't go wrong with the 600 if the price is right. 700 gets 14-15mpg,600 gets 12mpg.

Punch Da Throttle and ROOST!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 09:20 PM
oultman

thanks alot for the info, its been a big help

ride hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

700 is definately better, just double check to make sure that both end bearing on the crank were change by a new crank kit from Yamaha... mine just died on saturday, the crank was totally jammed because of the bearing. This is their only defect to my knowledge that Yamaha is denying of course. good luck.

Yamaha ski-doo girl
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ride a 1997 Yamaha 600-SX, I picked it up in the 98 season it was a left over.... The sled now has 1800 miles on it and still runs like a charm... Believe it or not.. I have NEVER fouled a set of plugs.. I just change them every 500 miles regardless. The sled is Great! I love it! Its a great trails performance sled.. over the years I have added Bender Racing transfer rods, clutch kit, thinner head gasket and carbon fiber reeds... Those mods alone ran me $400 but well worth it!! the sled hooks up better.. better accleration and much better out of the hole.. I get my pics next week.. been saving up

Good Luck

Uzi... Yamaha Sleds, Honda Bikes, and Ford Trucks
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-16-2001, 09:25 PM
oultman

Hey Steve, i really appreciate the info, and i was wondering what it was like on gas. I would also like to know if you had the choice would you go with the 600 or 700, thanks alot, i'd really like to see those pics of your sled

ride hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode