ma new polaris 800 twin....?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 05:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ma new polaris 800 twin....??

Gday all,

I'd like to know if anyone else is having some problems with the new 800 twins?? I bought mine in nov and have just over 1000 miles on it so far. I've had to take it back for.....a new chain case, 2 rad hoses, a pull cord and still have an on-going problem with an oil leak?? ( I get about a 1/2" of oil in the bottom of my air box every time I go out) I think this is causing me to spend more money then I should on oil for one thing, and it is effecting the perfromance. I'm able to get 110mph out of her, but I'd think I could get more....thoughts?? Other then that, it's one heck of a macine! I think they could have put the starter handle in a better location though...my knee get's kinda soar from bang'n in all the time!!! but hey, I can live with that [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Later all,

mr b

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 08:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ma new polaris 800 twin....??

I don't know what elevation you're at, but here in northern michigan, my 1998 XC 600 tops 110, almost 115 (hard to read the speedo when you're going that fast). Your 800 better go faster than 110.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 10:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Run it on radar and you'll both be sorely disapointed. The speedo is usually off by 10+ mph at these speeds..sometimes more. I have seen a couple 800's with broken cranks when running twin pipes. Otherwise they seem to be damned reliable around here.

http://www.mtaonline.net/~mhbs/Moore...owmobile1.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 07:51 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know someone with the same machine, It runs great, the only problem he has had was the pullcord breacking

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2001, 09:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the feed back....
My zr600 would go 110 too, so I'm think'n that the 800 should blow the doors off of it?? I'm think'n that having the oil in the air box would be effecting my speed....does anyone know about this oil problem??
I also know that the speedo is not perfect...but I don't have a radar gun....But I'd think the arctic cat speedo's and the polaris speedo's would be off about the same right?? So this would mean the If I had the zr at 110 (might be really 100) the polaris would be about 100mph too....Not all that good for an 800 right...?
Yes It is hard to read the damn thing whyle going that fast...We have no trails here, it's just go where ever you want to go....It's difficult to open them up in a safe place....but get on some lakes & look out![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Then comes that pull cord....ugh!!! My brother has a thunder cat 1000cc and my 800 is harder to pull over then it. I'm on my second pull cord and it looks like I might need a new one soon.

Happy sled'n

mrblack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode