Arcit Cat or Polaris? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Snowmobile Lounge All general discussions relating to Snowmobiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 09:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Arcit Cat or Polaris?

What do you think about these to companies. What is better out of these two. Lets here what you've got to say.

Crack the throttle and hold on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 03:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Arcit Cat or Polaris?

I have been riding Polaris with excellent luck for the past 5 years. I put about 2500 miles on snowmobiles each year. Most of my friends have went to the Polaris (RMK 700's and 600's). Polaris has treated us all very well and gets my vote!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 04:28 PM
portgrinder

polaris all the way. arctic cats burn too much gas for real outback mountain riding. i had some friends that sold their powder 6's because they had to turn home before everyone else. cats also have a unreliable reputation, but they are improving. polaris on the other hand crafts some mighty impressive sleds and is at or neer the top of their class in every catagory. yes cats do well in pro snowcross but they have full time mechanics. if one looks in the lower ranks skidoo and polari have a much more apparent presence

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2001, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'd have to say go with Polaris....Last year I had a ZR600. I liked it, that I admit. It was quick, good to handle, and looked sharp. But they do need work to keep going. Also every arctic cat dealer that I have delt with are terrible!!! I do like the sleds.....but for the pain they cause and the people who you have to deal with, it's not worth it.
This year I went with a new polaris xcsp 800. It seems to be a nice sled, but I'm having some problems with it too. The good thing is that the dealer is real cool, so I don't mind having to take it to him. I'd say go with polaris hands down...

good luck,

mr black.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 07:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Though they are both nice machines I would have to go with the Polaris, What I have seen is the Polaris has needs less work.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 12:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

from my experience i would have to say polaris for sure!!!!!
cats spend way to much time in the shop

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2001, 06:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

POLARIS all the way man! I have been riding polaris for years and i have always had great service and they treat you the way you want to be treated, Its the only way to go!
Thats my 2 cents!
Nick

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-15-2001, 06:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My dad has an xc 600 and i have a zr 600 and i kick his butt every time but I will never have problems with either of them cause i take care of them, thats all you have to do and they will both be the same.

Win if you can,
loose if you must but....
always cheat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode